Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
fear-x-2003-us-poster.jpg

This is a example of a meh plot but #mood acting. Like the movie was shyt but John Turturro somehow made me give a damn throughout the whole entire waste of 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Like this is some underrated shyt, but sadly the movie just felt like melatonin in film reel.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BMjA5ODU4Nzc5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTE2ODk4NTE@._V1_.jpg

I really wish this was better than it was. :francis:

This was a fukkery filled mess, and not of the good variety. Lola Duenas goes from a believable introvert to a jealous, raving lunatic psychopath at the blink of an eye. What's sad is, the foundation is there to flesh this transformation out, but the movie just moves right along. It breezes past so much that it ends rather abruptly.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the film this was based off of (The Honeymoon Killers) but this managed to be worse. :francis:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BNzE0ZTkzZWEtNjQwMi00MDkwLWFlMDctN2YzNDIyMDcyODMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTkyMjQwNw@@._V1_.jpg

Nah, this wasn't it. Kitano first film on his own and it's honestly a dud. Unfocused and boring as hell. Luckily, he figured it out because Sonatine did everything this was trying to do far better.

And Joe Hisaishi's score (or any score for that matter) was sorely missed.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BODNmM2NlMjUtM2IwMy00Yjk5LWFjZTEtNzQwZjgyNDExYmU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY2MDk0MTk@._V1_.jpg

A Scene At The Sea

The couple doesn't say two words throughout the movie and yet they said everything. :wow:

The ending :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Going back through Kitano's filmography is very interesting because this has no violence or yakuza whatsoever, just serenity, yet he would learn how to combine the 2 for surprisingly great results down the line.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
OIP.bF4PVgrcRHeVo01dQCn8_AHaLH

Good flick but towards the end it felt rushed as all hell. Like the movie felt more dedicated to the artsy look and forgot about the potential plot of kids escaping their own personal hell.

MV5BNTE1OTVhZDYtZDBjYy00MDM4LWI2NDQtNjZjMjAyNDRjOGM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTc5OTQwMzk@._V1_UY268_CR10,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

This reminds me of the flick Babylon but for House Rave white people. The movie itself was alright but it fell out of place near the end. Like I did not know if this movie wanted to be a dedication to the UK Garbage scene of the 90s, a love story, or whatever the hell.