Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
images

Rewatched this classic :wow:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
images

Didn't have high expectations but I liked it. Everything kid of feels "off" during the movie, some scenes, some acting, some line...which makes it all the more disturbing.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
b63858da-094b-44f8-8c4a-70629f8d916d.jpg

Been watching the Pirates movies lately because it's been a long time since I've seen them. It feels like they've been forgotten over the years and it really is one of the best movie franchise ever (most successful as well). One thing I never noticed was how long these movies were, the first three all were well over 2 hours.

I think Dead Man's Chest is the best of the three because story, pace and CGI were overall better. This one was just long and the story was just everywhere but there's some much action in that last hour it almost makes you forget about that uneven storytelling in the first 2 hours of this movie. Yes, it's a 3 hour movie :skip: I'll watch the remaining two films later this month.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
5b9cd8e2cd479327229926e464369e21.jpg
gallery-24273-245-304007.original.jpg
movie of the year so far. It's an Appletv+ exclusive and it's better than all the HBO max movies.

The only grip I have is that the side plot with the boyfriend runs long and has nothing to do with the plot. And yes the singing isn't great but they make it clear from the jump this ain't a hipster movie.

4.5/5

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Watched The Accountant for the first time. Much better than I expected :ehh:.

Affleck has that stereotypical deadpan "autism" cadence down pat. The supporting cast was strong - Anna Kendrick did a good job of not being annoying (because they always make the damsels in these movies fukking annoying). Only thing I would say is that they spent a REAL long time on exposition and it slowed the movie down to a grinding halt for like 30 mins. But still, I enjoyed it. Hope there's truth in the sequel, it's a good character for Affleck to do more with. I'd probably rather see him as this character than as Batman.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
b63858da-094b-44f8-8c4a-70629f8d916d.jpg

Been watching the Pirates movies lately because it's been a long time since I've seen them. It feels like they've been forgotten over the years and it really is one of the best movie franchise ever (most successful as well). One thing I never noticed was how long these movies were, the first three all were well over 2 hours.

I think Dead Man's Chest is the best of the three because story, pace and CGI were overall better. This one was just long and the story was just everywhere but there's some much action in that last hour it almost makes you forget about that uneven storytelling in the first 2 hours of this movie. Yes, it's a 3 hour movie :skip: I'll watch the remaining two films later this month.
I honestly can't tell the difference between those flicks. Never was a big fan. The first one was ok. After that its like a blur.