Essential Coli-members what's the last thing you watched?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
MV5BMjI2NTY1NTE3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQyMDgzNA@@._V1_.jpg

Pam Grier being :noah: aside, its not that great, even for blaxploitation standards.

...but I'll give it some leeway just because.

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
Endeavour - DCI Morse prequel (British detective period series). Excellent!

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Finally saw

da-5-bloods-2020-01.jpg

I wanted to like this movie so bad but it really didn't work for me. Waaaaaay too long, story is all over the place, a lot scenes kind of felt "dry" and with no continuity, messages were way too obvious, and why the hell were Jean Reno and Mélanie Thierry in it. Best moment was the Paul monologue towards the end.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Finally saw

da-5-bloods-2020-01.jpg

I wanted to like this movie so bad but it really didn't work for me. Waaaaaay too long, story is all over the place, a lot scenes kind of felt "dry" and with no continuity, messages were way too obvious, and why the hell were Jean Reno and Mélanie Thierry in it. Best moment was the Paul monologue towards the end.
Yeah that moment was pretty dope, I didn't expect those old :flabbynsick: mf's to handle themselves so well in that gunfight

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Finally saw

da-5-bloods-2020-01.jpg

the script was a generic 'white people heist in an exotic country' movie before spike got it. he then shoehorned his POV into the movie and it caused some problems. in retrospect, i would have loved for him to create a whole new movie instead of taking this script.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Judas-and-the-Black-Messiah-poster.jpg

A good movie that could've (and should've) been a great movie.

This was good, but I felt like they had the "wrap it up" box flashing by the final act. For a 2 hour movie, it shouldn't feel that way. Instead of feeling angry, I felt like there should've been more to it.

Still...very good effort. Everybody did a good job, it just should've been fleshed out a bit more imo.

Special shout out to Ashton Sanders for finally playing a role that doesn't have him moping about all the time on screen.

I gave it a 4 on Letterboxd, but it's really a 3 and a half (still overcharging for what they did to the Cold Crush :mjpls:).

Edit: Walked it back and decided to keep it 100 :yeshrug:

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
the script was a generic 'white people heist in an exotic country' movie before spike got it. he then shoehorned his POV into the movie and it caused some problems. in retrospect, i would have loved for him to create a whole new movie instead of taking this script.

Ah that explains a lot breh thx. It def feels like that, in the end apart from the obvious "message" moments you don't really get a satisfying glimpse as to the unique experience that it must've been as Black Men to go to Vietnam twice imo, and that makes sense now. There really is a "generic" feel to the movie, despite it being a unique story. Missed opportunity.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Breaking News In Yuba County

I liked it even though the tonal shift that happens in it is pretty jarring.