Coli, let's say reperations were passed. In your opinion, how much should each ADOS receive and should there be any age requirement?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I don't think I have ever seen a dollar amount which would be suffusive posted by any one. Would something like no federal or state taxes be acceptable? Also, should it be for those lets say 18 and up only? Those under that age would get a trust fund with there payment until the age of 18? Thoughts?

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
:wow: if they decided to end federal and state taxes for descendants of Africans bought to America for enslavement............................

Honestly if the reparations leaders were smart, they would go after eliminating the federal tax at least.

Its easier to finesse politically and you might be able to get some Republicans on board since its about killing taxes and all

Also it would encourage everyone to get a w2 since thats the way you would "receive a payout"

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think I have ever seen a dollar amount which would be suffusive posted by any one. Would something like no federal or state taxes be acceptable? Also, should it be for those lets say 18 and up only? Those under that age would get a trust fund with there payment until the age of 18? Thoughts?
AFRAM population = ~41 million
Reparations = $350,000
Total = $14,350,000,000,000 USD (14 trillion)

for comparison: the cost of afghanistan and iraq are a combined $4.3 trillion
The US national debt is $30 trillion

one more thing:

Thanks to republicans, over the next 25 years, $73 trillion dollars will be passed from one generation of the top 1.5% to the next.

Taxing just 35% of that wealth would pay for reparations and MORE.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Why were there be an age requirement?

This isn't a reward. This is backpay for lost wages for all the labor our distant family members should've be paid.
Reparations is just a big ass class action lawsuit against the government by the living estates of the former slaves.
Shoud calculate how much pa they should've earned in their lifetime, adjust for interest and inflation and pay it out to any living relatives

If you sued a company for lost wages because they refuse to pay you what you earned, you wouldn't be talking about an age limit.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
:wow: if they decided to end federal and state taxes for descendants of Africans bought to America for enslavement............................
does that include caribbean ADOS who were on the same boats?

:patrice:

Interesting phrasing.

:mjpls:

No state or income taxes.
Free medical/dental
Special rates on loans/access to capital
Free State Collage/trade school

No. Cash payments + infrastructure repair. That handles all of what you posted and more.