Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I'm from Chicago but lived in the Upper West Side for four years. Have deep family ties in Queens - St. Albans, Hollis, Jamaica Estates.

Although I love Chicago, I prefer New York City. You can beat the energy, diversity, and convenience. And it's still the number one city that attracts the best and the brightest.

Really? That’s where my family is from!

It’s mutual ... Always had and have respect and love for Chicago. Have some good friends there from back in the day. There’s a reason for that connection. Thank u...

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
How obnoxious are the hipsters? :jbhmm:

How do native New Yorkers feel about crusty trustafarians taking over the city like locusts?

Is gentrification sucking the soul out of NYC?

that shyt has already been happened. its nothing new

most people are either struggling so much to make ends meet that they're not paying attention, or flourishing so much that they're not paying attention. unless you're making money off of them theres no need to pay attention or bother with people like that. they breeze through for a year or two and then a new batch comes in, usually lamer and softer than the previous iteration. but thats more of a generational thing i think.

if you're grinding hard and/or just enjoying your life and your spots around the city than you're not really noticing the trustafarian types . unless they call the cops on you :yeshrug::russ:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
2GQRus.gif

NY stand up!...you have another L...

invalid

Banned
Daps
Really? That’s where my family is from!

It’s mutual ... Always had and have respect and love for Chicago. Have some good friends there from back in the day. There’s a reason for that connection. Thank u...

Your people from Queens? You grew up there?

Wow. My folks are pretty civically involved so you may have ran into some of them.

Yeah, Chicago is cool, it just feels like a small town to me. I run into someone I know every time I step out. One of the reasons why I like NYC, it's so massive, you can just get lost in your own little neighborhood.

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
Michael Jordan, Mike Tyson, Tupac, Biggie and Errol Spence Jr were all born in N.Y.:mjgrin:
Y'all still trying to claim Jordan, boy left as a baby. The same for Errol Spence. That's sad you have try and live off accolades of guys that don't claim the city they left as toddlers. Straight from the goats mouth.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Y'all still trying to claim Jordan, boy left as a baby. The same for Errol Spence. That's sad you have try and live off accolades of guys that don't claim the city they left as toddlers. Straight from the goats mouth.

It's in the air, atmosphere, longitude and latitude once you leave the womb. Face it. N.Y. born >>>

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
This "bump" gif :laugh:

People over there are mentally ill and have been conditioned to think that giving all thier money to racist landlords, never owning property, never driving a car, having no personal space,overpaying for basic necessities, and smelling like garbage all the time is GOAT. :skip:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I spent 28 years in NYC so I can speak on it with authority....

Too expensive
Racist NYPD
Too crowded
Losing its character
Subway is broken
Suburbs are like 100x more expensive than the rest of the country but no better
Too politically skewed
Awful weather... dirty snow in the winter, window A/C can't keep up in the summer
Best parts of it can be done on vacation

One of the greatest cities in the world but a terrible place to live in 2018

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Your people from Queens? You grew up there?

Wow. My folks are pretty civically involved so you may have ran into some of them.

Yeah, Chicago is cool, it just feels like a small town to me. I run into someone I know every time I step out. One of the reasons why I like NYC, it's so massive, you can just get lost in your own little neighborhood.
Yes to both.... my family is from Queens, Harlem and The Bronx, but I grew up in Queens Village. small world... - I probably did run into your parents at some point. That area of Queens is not that big either. My grandfather was well known around Harlem- Do you remember a movie "stompin at the savoy" (older movie) but anyway, That's where my grandparents met- The Savoy and there's also one in Chicago - Savoy Ballroom (lol.. there's that connection again). and my mother used to dance at the Alvin Ailey dance school.