Cold War II: The United States vs Trump and Co. A Russian Affair

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
where does the doj opinion make that distinction?

An indictment is just one of the methods to formally charge someone, a murder case, where someone was shooting people on "Fifth Avenue" wouldn't need to go to a Grand Jury, it would simply be charged. But, yes, the opinion from the Office of Legal Counsel doesn't make a distinction, evidently, I haven't read it.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Didn't watch the press conference, I don't care how damning it is.

HOW THE fukk DO YOU RUN THE MOST IMPORTANT INVESTIGATION IN MODERN POLITICS AND ONLY HAVE 10 MINUTES TO TALK ABOUT IT?!?!?! WHY DOES MUELLER THINK HE HAS FREE REIGN TO JUST DIP?

I pulled out about 1.5 months ago, because its just too much on a day to day basis. This right here felt like a huge slap in the face. Time to register voters I guess.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nothing changed between yesterday and today.

The redacted Mueller report isn't enough to hang an impeachment on without looking incompetent.

:manny:

That's kind of my point. Nothing changed between yesterday and today, and nothing will change between today and six months from now. The result of an impeachment trial will be the same regardless.

Pelosi should just be honest and say she won't impeach because Senate Republicans are too partisan to hold an honest trial, instead of trying to run down the clock by saying more evidence is needed.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
That's kind of my point. Nothing changed between yesterday and today, and nothing will change between today and six months from now. The result of an impeachment trial will be the same regardless.

Pelosi should just be honest and say she won't impeach because Senate Republicans are too partisan to hold an honest trial, instead of trying to run down the clock by saying more evidence is needed.
If you don't believe senate Republicans are going to do what's right then it's her duty to have her constituents put forth a compelling display that either forces her hand or the hand of voters.

It's important to remember the majority of voters haven't read the report and probably never will.

It seems you also agree with the idea that impeachment proceedings will be a largely partisan political display. If that's the case its in dems best interest to frame it as anything but.

For example, "we need to allow the electorate to determine who seats the next justice.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't start impeachment proceedings based on what someone else may or may not do.

Impeachment isn't accountable when the partisan Senate and the entire GOP, including its media outlets is going to change the narrative that the Democrats are out to get Trump. It's going to turn into a political circus.

Public hearings is laying everything out so people can see.

Witness tampering and Obstruction is not enough to remove Trump. They are impeachable charges.

The only charges that could have removed him was Conspiracy with the Russians. Mueller said that didn't happen. So the only other thing is a co-conspirator charge with wikileaks, which could be one of the 14 cases Mueller shipped out, or SDNY charging the Trump Organization and the family with money laundering or other white collar crimes like bank, wire, insurance fraud. With Barr as AG that will never happen. The last thing you're left with is Democrats getting his tax returns and something really, really bad being in them. By the time the Supreme Court rules on whether the Democrats gets the tax returns, it will be 2020 so he won't be removed because it's too close to the election.

Suppose Dems cower and don’t hold him accountable for breaking the law with an impeachment.

What happens when an emboldened criminal likeTrump wins in 2020 and knows there are no legal or electoral consequences for his actions?