Cold War II: The United States vs Trump and Co. A Russian Affair

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
3 hrs ·
President Trump joked about serving as many as five terms in the White House during a Pennsylvania campaign rally: "Now we're gonna have a second time... And maybe if we really like it a lot and if things keep going like they going we will do what we have to do, we'll do a three [terms] and a four, and a five."

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Trump jokes about serving as many as five terms
"No, we're going to have another one and it's going to be great," Trump said.

perfectly normal

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Hill
3 hrs ·
President Trump joked about serving as many as five terms in the White House during a Pennsylvania campaign rally: "Now we're gonna have a second time... And maybe if we really like it a lot and if things keep going like they going we will do what we have to do, we'll do a three [terms] and a four, and a five."

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Trump jokes about serving as many as five terms
"No, we're going to have another one and it's going to be great," Trump said.

perfectly normal
Boy y’all better be prepared in nov 2020 when he says shyt like this.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Trump is being brazen as fukk. He was bad before, but now he’s acting like a dictator for real. I can’t help but think, has he ramped up the visible, and very apparent, obstruction of justice to force the dems to move toward impeachment? Does he think that will motivate his base in November?

Or, does he just feel bulletproof and this new obstruction is just a consequence of that?

I dunno, but I know he’s using some sort of strategy with this shyt. I wonder what his end game is :jbhmm:

All I know is that November 2020 is too soon to impeach him. There’s simply not enough time for investigation, etc. Pelosi knows this, and I think Trump knows she knows this. :patrice:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

And in a Democratic Steering and Policy Committee meeting, Rep. Steve Cohen of Tennessee stood up and demanded Trump's impeachment. Pelosi then countered, "This is not about politics, it's about what's best for the American people," said a member who attended the meeting.

While Pelosi and her top Democrats argue that a majority of House Democrats don't want to impeach Trump
, she is under growing pressure from some of her most hard-line members to move more forcefully against the president.
:mindblown:

Bushes :camby:

During the Steering and Policy Committee meeting, Cohen said President Bill Clinton faced impeachment proceedings “over sex” while Trump is “raping the country,” according to two sources in the room. Cohen later confirmed his remarks.

Pelosi pushed back on Cohen during the meeting and his assertion that she was simply afraid impeachment would cost her the House majority.

“This isn’t about politics at all. It’s about patriotism. It’s about the strength we need to have to see things through,” Pelosi said, according to an aide in the room.

What the fukk does this even mean? :what:

Jeffries — chairman of the Democratic Caucus who also sits on Judiciary — rejected any move toward impeachment.

"We did not run on impeachment, we did not run on collusion ... so logic suggests that we should carry forward with the agenda that we communicated to the American people," Jeffries said.

:snoop:

Judiciary Committee Democrats met late Monday night to decide how to handle their response to McGahn's nonappearance. The panel decided to move ahead with Tuesday's session, and will likely hold a contempt vote next month against McGahn.

Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) said Trump and the White House "intimidated" McGhan into not appearing before his panel.

“The president’s continuing lawless conduct is making it harder and harder to rule out impeachment or any other enforcement mechanism," Nadler said.

I can't :fukkit:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I told yall they didn't have the votes :sas1:

People complained that Dems were focusing on Trump and not policy. This is what it looks like when they prioritize policy at all costs. :sas1:

Ironic that they're focusing on policy at a time when they can't push any of to law because of Trump and McConnell.:sas2:

But but but, what about the rust belt and rural America. :manny:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@thehill
BREAKING: More Dems press Pelosi on impeachment proceedings: reporthttp://hill.cm/Yz6YY4X

08:13 - 21 May 2019
@RepJayapal
We are now at the point where we must begin an impeachment inquiry. I don't say that lightly. We've taken every step we can w/subpoenas and witnesses. Trump obstructs everything. A president who thinks he's king, accountable to nobody & ,above the law is absolutely unacceptable.
Laurence Tribe

@tribelaw
.@RepJayapal & Rep @davidcicilline now agree @HouseJudiciary should begin formal #ImpeachmentHearings into whether Trump has committed impeachable offenses if McGahn obeys Trump’s order to defy the Committee’s subpoena to testify on May 21. @RepJerryNadler @jamie_raskin @tedlieu

6:22 AM - May 21, 2019

Last edited:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
From the way the Republicans have been beating Pelosi for as long as I can remember, she sounds completely shell shocked. She's afraid to do anything. If she expressed that they won't go for impeachment because of a compromised Senate and she would continue to go on about the impeachable crimes he's committed, I could live with not pushing for impeachment. She's really coming off like she's petrified of doing anything because the repubs will find a way to use it against her