Cokeboy Returns Monday

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The way Corbin gets y'all :angry: is hilarious. Brehs need to admit that he's restoring the feeling of actual heel heat:sas2:
I can’t speak for anybody else but it’s turn the channel time whenever he shows up. Dude is just terrible on the mic. Always sounds like he’s reciting his lines. That’s not good heel work.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
The way Corbin gets y'all :angry: is hilarious. Brehs need to admit that he's restoring the feeling of actual heel heat:sas2:

Nope he’s just not that good, if I see an actor on a TV show who’s doing a bad job being a bad guy, doesn’t mean I’m getting worked, he’s just not good.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
As far as defending Corbin goes the best I can do is say that's not his fault or any of the talent that the show is bad.IWC was doing this for years with Roman and he's gone indefinitely and they swore the show would get better but nah now they're pushing Corbin and if Corbin was gone it would be McIntyre's fault when the show continues to be trash. As others have said the blame should lie squarely at Vince's feet because even though he runs the business side he still at 70-something thinks he should write the show. I don't think there's anyone else like this in television this should be considered grunt work to him.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
I can’t speak for anybody else but it’s turn the channel time whenever he shows up. Dude is just terrible on the mic. Always sounds like he’s reciting his lines. That’s not good heel work.

You could say that for most of the roster.

Nope he’s just not that good, if I see an actor on a TV show who’s doing a bad job being a bad guy, doesn’t mean I’m getting worked, he’s just not good.

That's your opinion breh. I've said in the past that he reminds me of Kanyon
He's restoring them new generation numbers :sas1:

And how is that his fault? Is he writing the show?

:mjlol: at this foolishness

Like I said above, that's your opinion and they're like a$$holes. Cats been nitpicking everything about this dude since he got called up like some females when his character arc has been the same since Breaking Point. He'll do whatever to get his money even if he kisses ass and doesn't make friends

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Bro.

100%

Dudes are fukkin idiots though so it won’t happen. It’s like during the Roman initiative..

Instead of giving him a reaction (booing) all nikkas had to do is Literally turn their backs and not give it a reaction. That shyt would have been impossible to spin or ignore.. imagine Brock and Roman in the ring putting on their goofy ass match and a sea of fans literally have their backs toward the ring in protest.. insane

ROH fans did that shyt to tank toland back in the day and gave his ass a “don’t come back” chant

But unfortunately wwe fans ain’t savage like that
Would it honestly matter though?

To quote one Charles Matthias Punk, "Vince is going to continue to make money despite himself." Despite the dwindling ratings and viewership, WWE continues to make money hand over fist. Like other niche industries, they've mastered maximizing profits from an increasingly small base. You said it yourself; wrestling is as uncool and culturally irrelevant as it's ever been. But that doesn't mean it isn't "popular," and it certainly doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people willing to spend money on it.

Fans have done about every gesture of discontent one could think of. They've booed or remained silent. They've done hashtags. They've made signs. They've ranted online. They've cancelled network subscriptions. Many have actually followed through on their threats to stop watching; hence dwindling ratings and attendance numbers. They've walked out on the main event of Wrestle-fukking-mania. More than once!

And.....nothing has changed. Instead, WWE has responded by: increasing the number of shows they do, taking PPVs network exclusive so those fans that are left have to pay them if they want to watch those shows (unless you're pirate gang), expanding their merchandising, going into other media like film and Youtube, and, most importantly, expanding more into foreign markets. Bascially, WWE saw upset fans and, rather than improving or updating the product, they just did what they had to ensure they'd still get the bag.

So when I see people chastising fans for not doing gestures like this or not booing Vince, I have wonder why you think it would matter. WWE doesn't care what we think. I have never seen a mass market product show as much open contempt for its audience as the WWE. This is the same company that did a storyline where Bayley was made fun of for being a wrestling fan....and lost. In fact, she not only lost, but she was fukking embarassed to the point she'll probably never get back to where she was. We got wrestlers out here calling fans entitled babies for not liking the show, getting into arguments with viewers on Twitter because they dare to criticize booking or the show. Every time fans react in a way the company doesn't like, the wrestlers go online to complain and company doctors the footage so it never happened.

So were the audiene to show up to Raw on Monday and turn their backs, I have full confidence that all that would happen is Vince would insult them and then we'd have to endure Seth Rollins, Road Dogg, and whoever the fukk else going online later to call the crowd disrespectful for not appreciating all Vince has done and blah blah blah. If it hit mainstream press, then they might do something with it as an angle, but that's it. Nothing about the overall direction of the product would change because none of the high ups feel like it needs to change. And if we keeping it 100, they're right because they're still making money.

At this point, if you boo or rant online or turn your back to Vince or join #NoWatchGang, it's not going to be as part of some grand protest that will one day lead to a better product. It'll be for your own peace of mind.

Last edited:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
*Next day* "WWE Raw ratings hit another new low"

AnIXSJM.gif

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Would it honestly matter though?

To quote one Charles Matthias Punk, "Vince is going to continue to make money despite himself." Despite the dwindling ratings and viewership, WWE continues to make money hand over fist. Like other niche industries, they've mastered maximizing profits from an increasingly small base. You said it yourself; wrestling is as uncool and culturally irrelevant as it's ever been. But that doesn't mean it isn't "popular," and it certainly doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people willing to spend money on it.

Fans have done about every gesture of discontent one could think of. They've booed or remained silent. They've done hashtags. They've made signs. They've ranted online. They've cancelled network subscriptions. Many have actually followed through on their threats to stop watching; hence dwindling ratings and attendance numbers. They've walked out on the main event of Wrestle-fukking-mania. More than once!

And.....nothing has changed. Instead, WWE has responded by: increasing the number of shows they do, taking PPVs network exclusive so those fans that are left have to pay them if they want to watch those shows (unless you're pirate gang), expanding their merchandising, going into other media like film and Youtube, and, most importantly, expanding more into foreign markets. Bascially, WWE saw upset fans and, rather than improving or updating the product, they just did what they had to ensure they'd still get the bag.

So when I see people chastising fans for not doing gestures like this or not booing Vince, I have wonder why you think it would matter. WWE doesn't care what we think. I have never seen a mass market product show as much open contempt for its audience as the WWE. This is the same company that did a storyline where Bayley was made fun of for being a wrestling fan....and lost. In fact, she not only lost, but she was fukking embarassed to the point she'll probably never get back to where she was. We got wrestlers out here calling fans entitled babies for not liking the show, getting into arguments with viewers on Twitter because they dare to criticize booking or the show. Every time fans react in a way the company doesn't like, the wrestlers go online to complain and company doctors the footage so it never happened.

So were the audiene to show up to Raw on Monday and turn their backs, I have full confidence that all that would happen is Vince would insult them and then we'd have to endure Seth Rollins, Road Dogg, and whoever the fukk else going online later to call the crowd disrespectful for not appreciating all Vince has done and blah blah blah. If it hit mainstream press, then they might do something with it as an angle, but that's it. Nothing about the overall direction of the product would change because none of the high ups feel like it needs to change. And if we keeping it 100, they're right because they're still making money.

At this point, if you boo or rant online or turn your back to Vince or join #NoWatchGang, it's not going to be as part of some grand protest that will one day lead to a better product. It'll be for your own peace of mind.