Cody Rhodes calls Roman Reigns a fat drug addict at the ROH IPPV

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
full
: HEY ROMAN REMEMBER WHAT CODY SAID ABOUT YOU IN ROH IN 2017??

full
:NO I DON'T WATCH THE INDY shyt, WHAT HE SAY?

full
: HE SAID YOU WERE A FAT DRUG ADDICT

full
: HE MUST HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT LSDEAN AMBROSE

March 31st SmackDown/Pre-WrestleMania production meeting

full
: ALL RIGHT LET'S DISCUSS OUR PLANS FOR THE MAIN EVENT ON SUNDAY

full
: HOLD UP UCE, WE NEED TO DISCUSS CODY TALKING shyt ON THE FAMILY WHEN HE WAS ON THE INDIES

full
: WHAT?

full
: FAT DRUG ADDICT?

full
:DAMNUHHH THAT'S A BURIALUHHH

full
: ANYWAY CONTINUE

full
: SO VINCE AND I WERE THINKING A CROSSROADS FINISH, CLEAN PIN AT ABOUT THE 25 MINUTE MARK

full
: THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME BROTHER

full
: NO PROBLEM JOE. WE'RE THINKING OF SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR MANSOOR AT CROWN JEWEL ONCE THE SALE GOES THROUGH

full
:BUT IT WAS MY DREAM TO WIN THE BELT MY FATHER NEVER WON

full
: SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN AEW

Somewhere in Jacksonville....

full
nuftcs1etqdbh33orl1l.gif

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
He should have gotten the belt at Wrestlemania. Getting the title at say Summerslam, or lord forbid, some random ppv isn't the same as getting it at Mania. It's like when Daniel Bryan won the title at Wrestlemania 30. He won it at the previous Summerslam but it felt like a bigger deal with him winning it again at WM.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
He should have gotten the belt at Wrestlemania. Getting the title at say Summerslam, or lord forbid, some random ppv isn't the same as getting it at Mania. It's like when Daniel Bryan won the title at Wrestlemania 30. He won it at the previous Summerslam but it felt like a bigger deal with him winning it again at WM.
Right. Idk why people don't get that.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I wouldn’t say they screwed Cody. This just wasn’t his time. He solidified as a main eventer at this point.
Rome getting to 1000 days and beating Pedro Morales record a month later is a way bigger story than giving Cody the world title when he ain’t even been back 3 months :unimpressed:

People saying Cody being buried are out of their minds. He gone have a big feud with Brock then get his championship moment and it will be even bigger than it woulda been Sunday night.
If he was'nt out all these months, yeah

But Cody is'nt hot enough right now to take the belt off of Roman

So that's why he's gonna feud with Brock, maybe even Cena

I don't think they're gonna give it to him at Summerslam either
Brehs, legit question. When is the last time you remember in WWE a babyface that ended up with bigger momentum, became more popular o created a bigger moment in a rematch for the main title after he got screwed the first time?

Y'all gotta remember that Daniel Bryan was sheer luck (wasn't supposed to even wrestle for the title till a month before WM and had close to 6 months of his momentum squandered with shytty booking), and even still, that shyt was a decade ago and Vince has tried to replicate it and failed every single time since.

I honestly don't remember the last time the "just wait it out and see what happens next" narrative was validated by WWE booking (on purpose).

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Brehs, legit question. When is the last time you remember in WWE a babyface that ended up with bigger momentum, became more popular o created a bigger moment in a rematch for the main title after he got screwed the first time?

Y'all gotta remember that Daniel Bryan was sheer luck (wasn't supposed to even wrestle for the title till a month before WM and had close to 6 months of his momentum squandered with shytty booking), and even still, that shyt was a decade ago and Vince has tried to replicate it and failed every single time since.

I honestly don't remember the last time the "just wait it out and see what happens next" narrative was validated by WWE booking (on purpose).
To be fair, the fans were taking over the shows for Daniel Bryan

They gonna do it for Cody too though

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps

Kofi lost when he went for the title in Elimination Chamber

Wasn’t one on one but it came down to Kofi and D Bry with D Bry pinning him and that loss made Kofi even hotter

I honestly think Cody gone get the title and when he does he still gone be over. I feel like they shot themselves in the foot combining both world titles. They should have been had Rome drop the World title in a triple threat where someone else take the pin so he still technically undefeated.

Or had Rome defend one title each Mania night and have Cody get the World title Sunday while Rome retains the Universal Saturday to continue his historic Reign. But brehs complained it had to be all or nothing when I suggested that.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Rematches are a pure sports construct. When MJ had to face the tough, ferocious, decades ahead of their time, one of the all time great sports teams in history, the ONLY 80s team that would be competitive today, Bad Boys Pistons, the fans can follow MJ growing as a player and follow every step as he took 3 years to eventually topple an impossible task.

In a pure sports build type arena, if Roman beat Cody by being a step ahead of him in the ring and choked his ass out and won matches in this title run that way, there would be more of a story about Cody fighting and improving to get over the hump. See Okada’s long title reign. Okada was actually the superior wrestler in his title defenses, thus he and Omega was able to tell the physical story in the ring and every rematch felt bigger.

At Mania, Solo was kicked out and came back and interfered anyway. We saw it and Cody lost, in sports entertainment, that’s predicated on new challengers and new stories. For Cody and Roman to gain half the interest for their rematch, they’re gonna need a brand new story and new characters like Austin Rock in their mania rematch.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
To be fair, the fans were taking over the shows for Daniel Bryan

They gonna do it for Cody too though
Now that's an interesting subplot. If booking sucks and fukks over Cody, will the fans rally behind him anyway? At the end of the day the "wait and see" narrative is always dependent on booking staying at a level were the babyface can continue to keep his popularity and momentum. WWE has shown time and time again they can't do it for their faces when Vince is in charge of creative.

Kofi lost when he went for the title in Elimination Chamber

Wasn’t one on one but it came down to Kofi and D Bry with D Bry pinning him and that loss made Kofi even hotter
That's completely different. Kofi entered the EC match as a last minute change because Ali got injured. No one thought or expected Kofi to win the title at the Elimination Chamber, which is the whole point of arguing about this kind of stuff: "is it worth to delay a coronation that most fans expect and want to see". The expectation for Kofi happened after EC, not before it. The reaction he got the SD prior to the PPV to qualify to the match and how the crowd's reaction in the Chamber that made WWE change plans and give him the WWE title shot (and it probably took Bryan telling Vince he wanted to drop the title to him :dead:). .

Kofi's situation would be comparable if he had lost to Bryan at WM 35 and after Mania he got attacked by Brock or Lashley to delay "Kofimania" further.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Rematches are a pure sports construct. When MJ had to face the tough, ferocious, decades ahead of their time, one of the all time great sports teams in history, the ONLY 80s team that would be competitive today, Bad Boys Pistons, the fans can follow MJ growing as a player and follow every step as he took 3 years to eventually topple an impossible task.

In a pure sports build type arena, if Roman beat Cody by being a step ahead of him in the ring and choked his ass out and won matches in this title run that way, there would be more of a story about Cody fighting and improving to get over the hump. See Okada’s long title reign. Okada was actually the superior wrestler in his title defenses, thus he and Omega was able to tell the physical story in the ring and every rematch felt bigger.

At Mania, Solo was kicked out and came back and interfered anyway. We saw it and Cody lost, in sports entertainment, that’s predicated on new challengers and new stories. For Cody and Roman to gain half the interest for their rematch, they’re gonna need a brand new story and new characters like Austin Rock in their mania rematch.
Brock
Seth
Cena
Dwayne

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Cody vs soon to be
:wow:7x WrestleMania Main Event :blessed:

Look how things come back around 😂 left Not Elite Wrestling cause fans kept booing his wife, and tired of his woe is me promos, not wanting to go heel, and writing himself out of the title picture 😂 He owes Mr. McMahon 4 Life
Mind you that no good Mr McMahon y'all can't stand because....is the one who signed Cozy Rhodes and let him keep his whole gimmick, gave him a count down clock, put him in commercials for Money In The Bank that year before getting injured, beat Seth Freakin Rollins three fukking times etc But since he lost to

:wow:The Tribal Chief :blessed:
Now it's...

"All man Night 1 was so good, Vince must have booked Night 2" (btw it'd be nice if WWE would say WrestleMania Saturday and Sunday respectively)
"Man Raw after Mania was trash Vince back man"

(even though The Game opened the show 😂😂Not Roman, not Cozy, not Brock, not Bianca, and let y'all know he still in charge)