Cocaine Godmother - Grisdelda Blanco Movie/Trailer (Catherine Zeta-Jones/Jan 20th)

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Caught a few minutes of it. The trailer looked good but I already knew to lower my expectations when I found out it was on Lifetime. But still it was....boring? Neutered and overdramatic I could understand, but there's no reason this shyt should've put me to sleep. Might give it another shot cause CZJ is good and can hold her own but I'm not breaking my neck to do it.

Not too interested in the JLO version either. She can't fukking act, she's way too young and attractive and I already know they're not going to be able to help themselves from playing up her sex appeal which makes her the polar opposite of Griselda. shyt's probably gonna be nothing but how she got soldiers to work for her via seduction by her phat ass.

Overblown? Unwarranted? She was the biggest female narco in history and had a brutal, merciless reputation. Of course people continue to be interested in that shyt.

80s era cocaine stories are always going to be fascinating because unlike crack in the 90s or meth in the 2000s, mass drug trafficking was new and dealing and consumption involved many wealthy players (on both ends). They made initially their money off the ultra rich, Hollywood and high society types. Last I checked, whole American cities and financial institutions haven't been built solely on the back of narcotics since Miami. How is that not interesting?

Those are fair points, at age 32, I just may have hit my limit for the 80's. I read 'Blow', by Bruce Porter in 10th grade, I saw Scarface, grew up with Miami Vice in syndication, I devoured everything about that era a long time ago. I read The Infiltrator in 2009, I watched Cocaine Cowboys, with everyone else in 2006. I read about Pablo Escobar and the Medellin Cartel when Bush was in office. I just have had enough, and there are more interesting stories to be told, though that is a subjective term, obviously.

The events in Mexico in the 90's, and 2000's and 2010's far, far outscale the events of the 80's. Sicario is good, but it doesn't do justice to the true scope of the story.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
That's the actual killer. He's talking about the actress. :dahell:

tZOS8.gif

actually i WAS talking about the lady who killed Selena...not an actress...that lil ugly ass fat lady...she dont look like Griselda but i was clowning :pachaha:

Tiffrock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D.C. ,living in ATL
It was cool. I learned some things but lots of things were omitted probably because of time. If you watch Cocaine Cowboys 1 and 2 , you get alot of info.