Cocaine Godmother - Grisdelda Blanco Movie/Trailer (Catherine Zeta-Jones/Jan 20th)

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I was flipping through channels last night and saw this on and watched just like 5 minutes of it... Catherine is doing her thing with the role BUT she should be the 1 in the HBO version of this movie instead of Jennifer Lopez.

How HBO overlook Catherine Zeta Jones for Jennifer Lopez? Jennifer Lopez can not act.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Let me clarify, I mean women (and men) in drug trafficking specifically. The fascination with Griselda Blanco, and her status as a trafficker, is so overblown, and unwarranted. I am just sick of the 80's era of cocaine trafficking, can we move into the 90's and 2000's, it's time.

ummmm by that time, the market was drying up or the monopoly of the Mexican/Colombian cocaine plugs and connects weren't as prevalent anymore.

Crack became mainstream from 90s-, made things more local. so basically anybody could sell or deal

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The Colombians and their heyday was just the beginning. The shift of power to Mexico, which hasn't been curbed since, and that whole era, aside from "Traffic' has never been explored, at least anywhere to the degree to which we are subjected to these 1980's glorified nonsense.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
isn’t that a movie with Benecio del Toro? Yes... The did a series?? :ohsnap:
No. lol.. calm down. No I meant have amazon flip that Griselda movie into a movie like sicario instead of some g-rated lifetime channel movie. Or have Netflix eps. Her story is too complex

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Caught a few minutes of it. The trailer looked good but I already knew to lower my expectations when I found out it was on Lifetime. But still it was....boring? Neutered and overdramatic I could understand, but there's no reason this shyt should've put me to sleep. Might give it another shot cause CZJ is good and can hold her own but I'm not breaking my neck to do it.

Not too interested in the JLO version either. She can't fukking act, she's way too young and attractive and I already know they're not going to be able to help themselves from playing up her sex appeal which makes her the polar opposite of Griselda. shyt's probably gonna be nothing but how she got soldiers to work for her via seduction by her phat ass.

Let me clarify, I mean women (and men) in drug trafficking specifically. The fascination with Griselda Blanco, and her status as a trafficker, is so overblown, and unwarranted. I am just sick of the 80's era of cocaine trafficking, can we move into the 90's and 2000's, it's time.

Overblown? Unwarranted? She was the biggest female narco in history and had a brutal, merciless reputation. Of course people continue to be interested in that shyt.

80s era cocaine stories are always going to be fascinating because unlike crack in the 90s or meth in the 2000s, mass drug trafficking was new and dealing and consumption involved many wealthy players (on both ends). They made initially their money off the ultra rich, Hollywood and high society types. Last I checked, whole American cities and financial institutions haven't been built solely on the back of narcotics since Miami. How is that not interesting?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
They keep getting fine women to play this ugly broad :russ:....i can't even bother to hit play on a trailer for lifetime tho brehs. Just can't :francis:

exactly. they shoulda got the lady who killed Selena to play Griselda

She's dead. :dwillhuh:

too skinny and pretty to play her imo

nope

Yolanda Saldívar - Wikipedia

That's the actual killer. He's talking about the actress. :dahell:

tZOS8.gif

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff: