CNN Exit Poll: 65% of White Women in Alabama voted for Roy Moore

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Only thing that needs to be said :yeshrug:

I disagree TBH.

Moore was known more as a lunatic Christian Fundie than a racist. Anti Abortion is a HUGGGEEE wedge issue in the South/Southeast United States and non educated Christian White Women overwhelmingly are anti abortion.

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
Good... I guess? I mean he's a Democac, but he's still a bama. My brother's exact words when he had to move there for work for one year: "these people are a special kind of retarded."

Daps
I disagree TBH.

Moore was known more as a lunatic Christian Fundie than a racist. Anti Abortion is a HUGGGEEE wedge issue in the South/Southeast United States and non educated Christian White Women overwhelmingly are anti abortion.

Christian fundamentalism is a cover for white supremacy.

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. Think about everything that needed to happen for Alabama to elect a Dem Senator:
  • A historically unpopular Republican president
  • A candidate who was twice kicked off the Alabama Supreme Court . . . twice.
  • Multiple accusations of sexual impropriety and other crazy public statements
And after all that, Roy Moore lost by ONE PERCENT. If Luther Strange had been the nominee, this race wouldn't have been close.

EDIT: And another thing --- people keep talking about how black voter turnout was high. But they fail to mention that white rural voter turnout was unusually low. Even with a candidate as bad as Roy Moore, southern white voters would rather not vote at all than vote for a Democrat.

There's nothing in the world that will get white people to go against the interests of white supremacy, even for a moment. Not even the most heinous act of all, child rape, of a white girl, could make it blink.

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
Jesus Christ it's currently at less than 9k vote difference. Cacs should be ashamed right now but they won't.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Christian fundamentalism is a cover for white supremacy.

I mean there a lotta crossover with white supremacy and christian fundamentalism (but you can make that argument with any Cac political alignment).

Im from Kentucky and was born in Arkansas. Religion conservatism runs DEEP in the South breh. LGBT, Hating Muslims, and Anti-Abotion are the 3 biggest wedge issues to Southern Christian Voters. Black folks dont represent the fear mongering "rising tide of darkness and debauchery" the way those issues do to Southern Cacs.

Superstar
Daps
Trump might have to tell Bannon to stuff it. His minions didn't listen to him and voted for a closet paedophile.

Doug Jones referring to Steve Bannon as a "carpetbagger" was a stroke of political genius. Whoever came up with that idea needs a Christmas bonus.