Cm Punk getting ZERO FLACK for the ratings moonwalk during his reign blows my mind

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I like dude, and many ofyou do...but what the fukk, this dude somehow has dodged getting the worst ratings ever and being a worse draw than dudes like diesel, the miz, jeff harvey, rvd, all hhh runs, hbk's og run, all bret hart runs, etc

Why is he getting a pass for this? Because hes good on the mic? Because hes good in the ring? That isnt everything folks..he is an anti draw and its no coincedince that any 'attraction' takes precedent over him.

The fukking miz held ratings flat and never saw a fukking 2.5? Hes helt the belt for a year and his peak popularity was when he was at fukking comicon off of tv.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Wait im confused...

wwe-misc-u-vince-mcmahon-cm-punk-you-mad-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-2463.gif

I thought you liked Punk breh?

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a crazy punk fan here, he's really good IMO. Better than what we've seen in a long time.

I'm a firm believer that ratings are never due to one sole individual, yet the entire product as a whole.

It has been pretty lackluster..outside of D Bryan, Punk and a couple of other things... it's scripted trash.

What do you expect?

Feuds that last 2 shows max, and start for the worst reasons possible, and then end abruptly.
You can't compare this to HBK, Bret Hart or even HHH eras. Even when the Miz was champ there were a few respectable long lasting feuds and story lines and the overall show was much better.

The WWE is a complete mess right now.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Wait im confused...

wwe-misc-u-vince-mcmahon-cm-punk-you-mad-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-2463.gif

I thought you liked Punk breh?

Punk is great imo but we shyt on other stars for not drawingut never punk and statistically he's been about the worst champ ever. Jbl on smackdown was a bigger draw. Dont get me started on orton.

The belt should be in the hands of Cena, RKO , mizzark, kane, or daniel bryan. With ziggler, miz, zack, and wade chasing.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Not a crazy punk fan here, he's really good IMO. Better than what we've seen in a long time.

I'm a firm believer that ratings are never due to one sole individual, yet the entire product as a whole.

It has been pretty lackluster..outside of D Bryan, Punk and a couple of other things... it's scripted trash.

What do you expect?

Feuds that last 2 shows max, and start for the worst reasons possible, and then end abruptly.

Outside of a couple of story lines, the WWE is a complete mess right now.

This reply is the epitome of copping pleas and is exactly what im talking about. We never do this for other champs.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This reply is the epitome of copping pleas and is exactly what im talking about. We never do this for other champs.

Maybe you guys don't. Yet I do. Even the Rock, Austin reigns..as amazing as they were, you can't tell me with a straight face that the 5th most important story line on RAW back then had more intrigue and interest than the championship one today (insert any recent champ, Punk, Shame-us, Cena etc)

That has nothing to do with talent, it's all story line writing and development. The show in itself is just trash. It's like comparing the simpsons from the 90's to the simpsons now.... you can make Homer do whatever the hell you want, yet the overall show won't be nearly as entertaining or interesting..because the structure is just all over the place..not high quality, original..or deep.

RAW used to be like a well scripted movie, it was that good. It went from that.. to a slightly structured circus. Right now it's like UFC with story-lines or something.. just bad television with no real direction for anyone, that includes the champion. How do you expect the casual fan to tune in, when every week things are switching up and doing 180's? I've been watching wrestling since the 80's, and even I haven't been able to tune in recently. Yet I will watch the good parts on youtube, punk, d-bry etc. Why do we need aj as a general manager? Why is that a story? it's not interesting..isn't there an already dying need for some of these guys to get on the mic and show their personality. It's just corny right now...the general manager thing is just one small, small example. Back in the 80's and 90's something like that would have been a small trivial thing on the show, now it's in the spotlight. People don't care about sh1t like that when it comes to wrestling.

Keep it simple.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'll never understand you people.

Why are you so adamant on blaming Punk for low ratings?

that's like blaming a drunk driving accident on the car instead of the driver.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
there's been WAY WAY WAY worse booking for champions, they've tried every which way to put punk over legit, even interacting with the attitude era stars.

the excuses have to stop now. he's not the best in the world, and he's just not that good.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
there's been WAY WAY WAY worse booking for champions, they've tried every which way to put punk over legit, even interacting with the attitude era stars.

the excuses have to stop now. he's not the best in the world, and he's just not that good.

They brought in heyman, rock, they fed him CENA, and everyone under the sun....he is not a draw period

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

there's been a time when the world heavyweight champ was forced to play second fiddle to a person who he's gone over 5 times in a row?

All the while being embroiled in shytty love tetrahedrons as a face and being talked down to by over the heel attitude stars as a heel?

when was this?

wait..... I'm being trolled, aren't I? :mjpls:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I like dude, and many ofyou do...but what the fukk, this dude somehow has dodged getting the worst ratings ever and being a worse draw than dudes like diesel, the miz, jeff harvey, rvd, all hhh runs, hbk's og run, all bret hart runs, etc

Why is he getting a pass for this? Because hes good on the mic? Because hes good in the ring? That isnt everything folks..he is an anti draw and its no coincedince that any 'attraction' takes precedent over him.

The fukking miz held ratings flat and never saw a fukking 2.5? Hes helt the belt for a year and his peak popularity was when he was at fukking comicon off of tv.

Better buyrates > good ratings. And as far as I know he's only behind Cena selling merch.

No idea how's the house shows attendance in comparison with other years but saying he's a worse draw than those guys is a stretch.

You guys put WAAAAYYY too much importance to ratings when that shyt ain't that relevant nowadays. It's fun for stan wars and #TSCfukkery but in reality, ratings are the least important aspect when it comes to drawing money.