CM Punk FIRED from AEW; Returns to WWE

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

BACKSTAGE NOTES FROM AEW COLLISION​

By Mike Johnson on 2023-09-02 17:16:00

We are told that the reaction to the CM Punk AEW termination backstage at tonight's Collision in Chicago depends on the person. Some are really down on it. Others, as you can imagine, feel it was the right move and are happy about it.

There are some who have relayed they are just happy Tony Khan made a decision and that they hope to just move forward and have the focus be on AEW and the shows themselves.

Bryan Danielson and The Young Bucks are backstage at AEW Collision.

Ricky Steamboat is backstage.

Jack Perry is not backstage tonight.
If the Bucks come out on Collision tonight, then they'll look even more cowardly. They were scared to come on the block when the bully was still around.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
It had to be done. The drama wasn't worth it. Almost losing the Elite wasn't worth it.

AEW can get the same 500,000-600,000 Collision ratings without him.

All In was selling like crazy without any match announced. It was going to sell with or without Punk.

Punk got his second chance in AEW and he blew it. AEW will be fine without Punk.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Id im Tony i wouldnt have told him until he got to the building tomorrow then have Dolph's brother kick him out.

Side note, are Punk stans really thinking the Elite (and Punk's own actions against them) is the cause of this and he SHOULDNT be fired?
Nope. Tony Khan had to put his foot down and rid himself of a toxic element. The only problem with this is that Punk wasn't the only one making the environment toxic. Look at part in bold. It's shyt from losers like that who contributed to that environment, and they're still there. This move only emboldens them.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It had to be done. The drama wasn't worth it. Almost losing the Elite wasn't worth it.

AEW can get the same 500,000-600,000 Collision ratings without him.

All In was selling like crazy without any match announced. It was going to sell with or without Punk.

Punk got his second chance in AEW and he blew it. AEW will be fine without Punk.
Yeah, He got everything he cried about never getting in WWE and fukked it up.

Now he’s a man without a country and nowhere to go. :francis:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
We need that Wembley footage now, because that may have been what sealed the deal :feedme:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I guess I may be done with wrestling again. How does shyt like this happen?

I know ego is a motherfukker, I get it. But how did it get to this point? This is some WCW 00/01 shyt. WTF?!

Collison is gonna be janky as fukk for the forseeable future. Ricky was getting a big push out of this. And now that's all fukked up.

I know he's young and they are giving him a push but Jack Perry ain't that dude. This ain't the hill to shoot yourself in the foot over. Punk is THE reason I tune in on Saturday. There was a path here. Use Punk to get eyes, then FTR/Bullet Club Gold tear the house down, Miro, Hobbs, Andrade get shine, Punk elevates dudes like Ricky, get some nostalgia with Joe, maybe run a bit with Bryan in a year or two. Hell, if Matt and Edge can work a series of death matches and remain professional, who knows if Punk and Kenny couldn't make some money after a while. There's so much that was there. And now it's gone. This is such a shyt show on all sides. And for what? Jack Perry doing a glass spot?

Please be kayfabe. I'm sick.