Clue (The Coli Movie Club)

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I loved it as a kid and still do to this day. Tim Curry was awesome. Solid performances by all, not a dull moment and the dialog is funny yet smart too

Daps
I loved it as a kid and still do to this day. Tim Curry was awesome. Solid performances by all, not a dull moment and the dialog is funny yet smart too

Every other line was a one liner or some slick shyt, I'd bet most don't catch it on the first go round. For whatever reason, the funniest subtle one-liner to me came when Wadsworth was 'coming clean' after they brought Yvette back into the room.

Mr: Green: "If he was such a Patriot, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?"
Wadsworth: "[Mr. Body] decided to put his information to good use, and make a little money out of it -- what could be more American than that?"
*then they cut to Mrs. Peacock*
IdealIllinformedGelding.gif
Her reaction caught me off guard :laff:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Every other line was a one liner or some slick shyt, I'd bet most don't catch it on the first go round. For whatever reason, the funniest subtle one-liner to me came when Wadsworth was 'coming clean' after they brought Yvette back into the room.

Mr: Green: "If he was such a Patriot, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?"
Wadsworth: "[Mr. Body] decided to put his information to good use, and make a little money out of it -- what could be more American than that?"
*then they cut to Mrs. Peacock*
IdealIllinformedGelding.gif
Her reaction caught me off guard :laff:

Or when Professor Plum says where he works:

Mrs. White: So what do you do, Professor?
Professor Plum: I work for UNO, the United Nations Organization.
Colonel Mustard: Another politician. Jesus!
Professor Plum: No, I work for a branch of UNO. W.H.O., the World Health Organization.

OR this gem:

Miss Scarlet: Well, to be perfectly frank, I run a specialized hotel and a telephone service which provides gentlemen with the company of a young lady, for a short while.
Professor Plum: Oh yeah?
[pulls out pen and a pad of paper]
Professor Plum: What's the phone number?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Or when Professor Plum says where he works:

Mrs. White: So what do you do, Professor?
Professor Plum: I work for UNO, the United Nations Organization.
Colonel Mustard: Another politician. Jesus!
Professor Plum: No, I work for a branch of UNO. W.H.O., the World Health Organization.

OR this gem:

Miss Scarlet: Well, to be perfectly frank, I run a specialized hotel and a telephone service which provides gentlemen with the company of a young lady, for a short while.
Professor Plum: Oh yeah?
[pulls out pen and a pad of paper]
Professor Plum: What's the phone number?

Miss Scarlet: Maybe there is life after death.

Mrs. White: Life after death is as improbable as sex after marriage!

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Grafx: Basic
It looked great with the whole time period thing but the fixed location makes it somewhat stale after long.

Trax (soundtrack): Basic
Nothing wrong just didn't blow me away.

Breax (acting): Dope
Throwback to classic professional trained actors laying down solid performances. Special shout out to DEM TITTAYS. Both sets kept me interested throughout.

Lyrix (writing): Dope
I was into the humor. I was wondering how they were going to make the game into an interesting movie and they did a good job of adding layers and twists to keep it moving. Again, nice to see a technically sound movie with a well written script.

The part with the black cop kind of struck me as some light weight Sambo s***. There was one moment with a close up where it make me cring how greasy and wide eyed the dude was. Maybe I'm just sensitive. Overall an enjoyable time. The three endings was a little annoying just for the sake of needing the story to wind up somehow. Open ended just kind of leaves you hollow. It can work for some movies but there is a purpose for a definite ending. Feels satisfying.

Three mics.

Watched it tonight. I thought the black cop's acting was ok, no c00n train coming for him.

For some reason never seen the movie or played the game as a kid. Movie was cool though, butler was out there butlering :pachaha:

The 3 endings...ehhhh....I respect what they were trying to do though.

Someone earlier mentioned why they shut down the power but the phone was still working....that's how it was back in the day when we still used landline phones lol

Overall, 3.5 Eberts out of 5 (that Ebert smiley is dope)

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Wadsworth: The key is gone! :sadcam:
Professor Plum: Never mind about the key, unlock the door! :what:
[smacks Mr.Green on the shoulder]
Mr. Green: [grabs Professor Plum by the collar, throttling him] I CAN'T UNLOCK THE DOOR WITHOUT THE KEY! :stopitslime:
[releasing Plum, Mr. Green rattles doorknob]
Mr. Green: LET US IN! LET US IN! :damn:
Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet: [on other side of locked door] LET US OUT! LET US OUT! :bryan:

Last edited:

cook

Banned
Daps

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Colonel Mustard: Wadsworth, am I right in thinking there's nobody else in this house?

Wadsworth: Um... no.

Colonel Mustard: Then there is someone else in this house?

Wadsworth: Sorry, I said "no" meaning "yes."

Colonel Mustard: "No" meaning "yes?" Look, I want a straight answer, is there someone else, or isn't there, yes, or no?

Wadsworth: No.

Colonel Mustard: No there is, or no there isn't?

Wadsworth: Yes.

:dead:

Then he said: what was the question?

Colonel mustard goes into his thing about splitting up:

This is war peacock! You can't make an omelette without crushing a few eggs every cook will tell you that.
But look what happened to the cook!