Classics Discussion: Boogie Down Productions (BDP) & KRS-One

Which of these BDP and KRS-One albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanx to Utube full albums, I relisten to BDP's entire discography:wow:

...Crimminal Minded/By All Means Necessary; CLASSIC & blueprint for future raw Hip-Hop:ahh:
I thought Return of the Boom Bap/KRS-One, was Blastmaster's standalone albums, tho:lupe:

Last edited:

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Thinks to Utube full albums I did the education and relistened to BDP's entire discography:wow:

...Crimminal Minded/By All Means Necessary; CLASSIC & blueprint for future raw Hip-Hop:ahh:
I thought Return of the Boom Bap/KRS-One, was The Teacha standalone albums, tho:lupe:

yeah I'm doing both BDP and KRS One solo....read the OP for why I did 2 albums only

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
what'd people think of Spiritual Minded?

I'm no where near religious but thought he dropped a solid joint with it. It wasn't overly preachy and it didn't feel like straight up christian rap album
I haven't heard most of KRS' albums after I Got Next...

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
So you were 14 in 1986? So you actually were cognizant for this time period? :ohhh:
So you were out clubbing in the early 90s too? :ohhh:

Yeah, man, I bought Raising Hell when it first came out. That Aerosmith track was so weird when it first came out. Everyone thought Run-D.M.C. was going pop. :heh:

No, but in all seriousness, I first heard Boogie Down Productions in the spring of 2013. I only started listening to hip hop seriously less than a year before. Then I heard "My Philosophy" a few months later and I was like :ahh:.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yeah, man, I bought Raising Hell when it first came out. That Aerosmith track was so weird when it first came out. Everyone thought Run-D.M.C. was going pop. :heh:

No, but in all seriousness, I first heard Boogie Down Productions in the spring of 2013. I only started listening to hip hop seriously less than a year before. Then I heard "My Philosophy" a few months later and I was like :ahh:.
:mjlol:
Well played breh.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
has he been doing this all the way through? this really could affect some results, esp. fringe classics
No idea. I haven't been paying much attention to how he votes. Not sure if it's worth going back and changing votes, but now that it's been brought to our attention, seems logical to not count his votes going forward (including this poll). Its your thread though, so your call.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
No idea. I haven't been paying much attention to how he votes. Not sure if it's worth going back and changing votes, but now that it's been brought to our attention, seems logical to not count his votes going forward (including this poll). Its your thread though, so your call.

yeah seems reasonable. Hopefully I don't forget lol

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
@mobbinfms

there is no evidence to suggest that this is the case tbh I've looked thru some polls, and sometimes 09 will vote and O9 is nowhere to be found. Gonna keep an eye out though from here on out.

For now I will count ALL votes