Classics Discussion: Boogie Down Productions (BDP) & KRS-One

Which of these BDP and KRS-One albums are classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I was bias and could only vote yes on the first two since I've only heard those albums. I would put krs in my top ten. Not top five but maybe sixth or seventh.

IAmListenin'

Rookie
Daps
Criminal Minded is obvious.

By All Means Necessary for what it and It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back did in setting off conscious/sociopolitical hip-hop albums. The former actually came out first. If people actually listened to his call to "Stop the Violence," then hip-hop never would have lost Pac and Biggie, but people never learn anything and always repeat the same ish.

After that, it's a matter of which albums one likes the best, but those two are the definites.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Criminal Minded is obvious.

By All Means Necessary for what it and It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back did in setting off conscious/sociopolitical hip-hop albums. The former actually came out first. If people actually listened to his call to "Stop the Violence," then hip-hop never would have lost Pac and Biggie, but people never learn anything and always repeat the same ish.

After that, it's a matter of which albums one likes the best, but those two are the definites.

I just feel that By All Means had its iconic songs but the rest wasn't all that great, so it was not a classic for me on the basis of quality

It Takes a Nation was easily the more superior album in that regard

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Quality alone hasn't been enough previously tho...

yes but Return has both elements necessary...quality and impact

By All Means doesn't have the quality imo so it is automatically ruled out