Classic films from the past that are actually super racist

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
"foreigner darkies are scary" is definitely an old trope, breh, that's sorta the point of this thread. :pachaha:

Scary arabs
Scheming chinese
Impoverished and disgusting indians
a white savior to rise above them all and save the day

Yeah, besides depicting the Indian village as all wretched people begging Indiana Jones to save them, and Indian Hindu religion as a crazy death cult with human sacrifice, I'd love to know how the average indian feels about that fukking dinner scene.

How ignorant do you have to be to think this would be acceptable in India? They would be 100x more disturbed by this shyt than we are. :why:

edit: watching that shyt again damn near every moment an Indian character is on screen it's racist as fukk, that's damn near a minstrel show. :picard:

I cant remember what he said about it but M Knight Shyamalan is pretty vocal about his love for that flick

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Indiana Jones has influenced too many other movies for it to be racist and Its too much of a classic for me to throw it under the bus

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:
Have yall never heard of Capoeira? It's an Afro Brazilian fighting style.

That is not capoeria, he making money noises and moving his arms like a monkey fukk outta here

shyt looks nothing like this

And that fighter was from Africa not brazil, they was blatant with that shyt, like he blanka or some shyt, uncivilized savage

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I cant remember what he said about it but M Knight Shyamalan is pretty vocal about his love for that flick
He grew up a rich kid in Philly whose parents were both doctors, I'm not surprised if he doesn't identify with Indians in India at all. Not to mention he would have watched it as a kid like us. There are plenty Black folk in America who are racist/indifferent towards Africans too. Some of them even post here.

Indiana Jones has influenced too many other movies for it to be racist and Its too much of a classic for me to throw it under the bus
:dwillhuh:

I guess The Birth of a Nation and Gone with the Wind ain't racist either then. :pachaha:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
125d33cd-ea80-4792-8d84-28b8ab925eed.jpg

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
He grew up a rich kid in Philly whose parents were both doctors, I'm not surprised if he doesn't identify with Indians in India at all. Not to mention he would have watched it as a kid like us. There are plenty Black folk in America who are racist/indifferent towards Africans too. Some of them even post here.

:dwillhuh:

I guess The Birth of a Nation and Gone with the Wind ain't racist either then. :pachaha:
Thinking Off the top of the head since I watched them the other day are the jackie chan operation condor movies, but even those movies are a little racist but they're classics in the adventure genre

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kind of cac logic is this? Among others, it influenced the Quatermain movies, which were even more racist. Breakfast at Tiffanies is hailed as a classic, and yet it depicts the asian neighbor (played by a white man in "yellow face") in extremely racist ways.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
What kind of cac logic is this? Among others, it influenced the Quatermain movies, which were even more racist. Breakfast at Tiffanies is hailed as a classic, and yet it depicts the asian neighbor (played by a white man in "yellow face") in extremely racist ways.
Fukk you man I ain't no cac, I ain't been sleeping well since last week I had to resort to smoking weed to help me sleep and even that shyt ain't working. It was just a thought I'm high. So kiss my ass for thinking I'm racist or worse yet that I'm white.

Last edited:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I don't think it was corny, it exposes the white and racist society we live in but adding the black face model was fukked up..

I understand but it was just corny to watch as a kid. There is another one called “white like me” it was pretty straight. White dude going around town in black face seeing a different perspective on things.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I understand but it was just corny to watch as a kid. There is another one called “white like me” it was pretty straight. White dude going around town in black face seeing a different perspective on things.
Watermelon man actually made the sane message but more indulging.