Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And he's probably now out on bail after visiting D.C. :russ:

Good guess but I'm certain he was too cowardly for even that. The movie appeals to those insufferable white-collar wimps who have had everything in life handed to them on a platter and expect it to be that way forever, so they blame society if ANYTHING ever goes wrong or is moderately difficult for them. Watching a pathetic white office guy like them lash out is their way of vicariously living through the heroism they'd never be able to actually muster on their own. I'm sure while the DC riot was going on my college acquaintance was sitting on his couch with a plate of buffalo wings propped up on top of his beer belly cheering them on though.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
dukes of hazzard...nikkas had a car named general lee with a confederate flag on the roof of the car...I was 4-10 when that show aired so my pops left me alone when I watched it but I remember him and my mom arguing cuz he didn’t want me watching the show and had a huge issue with buying me the toy car...I was too young to understand why at the time...he also had a huge issue with the indiana jones movie series as well

*edit*

my bad...went OT a little...topic says films
I used to love Dukes of Hazzard as a kid. Had no idea.

Didnt know about Dailey either :shaq:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Airplane!

e55b7b4d-7386-455c-985b-18f6d1543811_text.gif

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
dukes of hazzard...nikkas had a car named general lee with a confederate flag on the roof of the car...I was 4-10 when that show aired so my pops left me alone when I watched it but I remember him and my mom arguing cuz he didn’t want me watching the show and had a huge issue with buying me the toy car...I was too young to understand why at the time...he also had a huge issue with the indiana jones movie series as well

*edit*

my bad...went OT a little...topic says films
Why nothing Indiana jones does is inherently racist? Sure he has a whip but he isnt whipping his enemies with it

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Meh that's a trope as old as time at least he didn't go to like Africa tho lol
"foreigner darkies are scary" is definitely an old trope, breh, that's sorta the point of this thread. :pachaha:

Scary arabs
Scheming chinese
Impoverished and disgusting indians
a white savior to rise above them all and save the day

My gf is Indian and Indiana Jones makes her want to go through the screen.
Yeah, besides depicting the Indian village as all wretched people begging Indiana Jones to save them, and Indian Hindu religion as a crazy death cult with human sacrifice, I'd love to know how the average indian feels about that fukking dinner scene.

How ignorant do you have to be to think this would be acceptable in India? They would be 100x more disturbed by this shyt than we are. :why:

edit: watching that shyt again damn near every moment an Indian character is on screen it's racist as fukk, that's damn near a minstrel show. :picard: