Supporter
Daps
I love the culture. Dancehall, real gun talk, shotta lifestyle etc BUT :usure:
Them shyt was always ugly as a FUK to me :hubie:
:yeshrug::mjgrin: Fight me

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Shoe experts, was Slick Rick wearing Clarks on the album cover here?

adventures-slick-rick.jpg
I don't think those are Clark's, I had some like that, but I can't remember what they were called. That shoe was the style for a few years, I wish I could remember the name!

This topic reminds me when wallabees was a staple in early hip hop dress. Wallabys, sheepskin, kangols, gazelles, all were the main dress of hip hop in the late 70's, early 80's.

Clark's themselves never really popped off, but wallabys was worn by all black people in Brooklyn. I want to learn more about who started the trend in NYC, but our fashion changes so much people forget

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
@Get These Nets you're west Indian breh?

Clarks specifically wallabees weren't shyt ghostface made that shyt dope. Those two tone colorway
:banderas:
Nah, wallabys we're the first hip hop dresscode, thats why wu-tang was different when they came out, they took hip hop back to the beginning. Look at these pics from Jamel shabazz showing how it was in NYC before crack, and hip hop getting big. We need more books speaking on the history because a lot of people get it wrong

Jamel Shabazz (@jamelshabazz) • Instagram photos and videos

Look at my man with the wallies in the brown
School-Days.-Brooklyn-NY-1981.jpg

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Like a lot of aspirational things...once you finally get it and really check...it's overrated as hell.

- zero arch support in the originals
- no way in hell you coulda kept those jelly soles clean, especially if you livin' in badman borders
- when they finally changed up on the soles decades later, they'd crack if/when you trod too hard and bent them too far
- the money sported Bally anyway...and even that was meh in the final analysis

:lolbron: @ Travel Fox

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
My dad gave me Clarks when I wanted Js as a kid. Little did I kno how bad these shoes would look:wow:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I had several pairs. Got mad corns on my feet because of them, but they looked fly