Clark Atlanta University sets record for student applications with over 45,000, more than the University of Georgia.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
ATLANTA — On the first day of classes at Clark Atlanta University, the largest entry class in the school’s history really had to earn its way in.

“To see 46,000 applications for essentially 1,200 seats is nothing less than phenomenal,” said University President Dr. George French.

French says it’s far and away a Clark Atlanta record.

The number of applications received this year was even more than the University of Georgia.

“Clark Atlanta is on the rise. It continues to grow,” said CAU Athletic Director Dr. Jerel Drew.

He can’t wait for the freshmen to see the new red football field at Panther Stadium, courtesy of the Arthur Blank Family Foundation.

French says while the school may have had some ups and downs back in the day, it’s a new day.

He says CAU is one of just eleven HBCUs with an endowment of over $100 million, and enrollment is now up to 4,200.

The average GPA of incoming students is 3.71. Five years ago it was 2.8. The brand is strong. Our retention and graduation rates are increasing. That’s what these numbers are indicators of,” French said.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
When they gonna get a football stadium with 2 sides? And that red field is UGLY.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
black-power-im-black-yall.gif

I got accepted to Clark in ‘04 along with TSU.
:myman:
Ended up going to a Mexican College on the Texas border though.
:mjlol:
I got half my tuition paid for because I was in a pre med program.
:ehh:
Joined the Army after my first semester and didn’t go back.
:stopitslime:
Should have went to Clark.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They need to let more students in

Have you gone to an HBCU?

A Common issue is HBCUs let in more students than they can handle and you have issues with Students arriving with no housing. It was a big thing when. I was in school and I don't know if things have changed since then.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Have you gone to an HBCU?

A Common issue is HBCUs let in more students than they can handle and you have issues with Students arriving with no housing. It was a big thing when. I was in school and I don't know if things have changed since then.
Howard and Johnson C Smith University are both going through that right now

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Howard and Johnson C Smith University are both going through that right now

Literally every year I was in school there would be stories OF HBCUs including mine and accepting too many students with nowhere to house them and having freshmen kids with no transportation having to live off campus in janky places or double/triple up in dorms that had been repurposed by adding an extra bed in the room.

This is why I'm like I don't think cats went to HBCUs. It became a running joke when I was in school that every year the freshmen class incoming was the "biggest freshmen class ever" and majority don't make it to sophomore year.