Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting Schefter thinks Zeke's suspension could get reduced. I think they cut it in half. Probably suspend him 3 games. And Zeke might drop pursuing his case, if it goes down to 3 games.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Interesting Schefter thinks Zeke's suspension could get reduced. I think they cut it in half. Probably suspend him 3 games. And Zeke might drop pursuing his case, if it goes down to 3 games.

He aint dropping shyt. A reduction will exposed the NFLs flawed investigation.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
When does everyone think we'll hear the verdict for Zeke? Monday is Labor day so I would guess Tuesday but what do I know.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Ya'll gotta read this

The possible bombshell evidence came in the form of NFL lead investigator Kia Roberts. Roberts recommended no suspension for Elliott following her interviews with Thompson during the investigation, a fact she testified to during the appeals hearing with Henderson, according to a source.

Roberts’ no discipline recommendation is the main reason Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expressed so much confidence in Elliott not being suspended before the initial decision and is the likely the source of his anger since the NFL announced the suspension on Aug. 11.

Jones was told there would be no suspension by a top NFL executive, according to a source.

But Roberts’ recommendation never made it into the NFL’s final report and the official suspension letter on Aug. 11, which cited the league’s findings of three instances of domestic violence by Elliott against Thompson based on the victim’s testimony and photographic evidence.

Even more troubling is that when NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conducted a meeting to discuss discipline for Elliott, it included Lisa Friel, the senior vice president for investigations, Jeff Pash, executive vice president and general counsel and Adolpho Birch, senior vice president of labor policy and government affairs, among others.

But Roberts was not at the meeting
, where Friel recommended a six-game suspension to Goodell.

It was testified during the appeal hearing that Friel barred Roberts from the meeting, per a source.

It’s those failures of the process that Elliott and the NFLPA attacked during the appeal hearing and plan to exploit if they have to go to federal court to seek a temporary injunction.

That Roberts’ recommendation never made it into the report and she was not involved in the decision making, even though she ran point on the fact finding with the accuser, are trap doors that could come back to haunt the NFL if this goes to federal court.

Opening for Elliott? NFL investigator Kia Roberts recommended no suspension