Clap For The Puppet Show - 2018 Dallas Cowboys Off-Season Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I fixed that for you and the rest of that doesn't really translate to on the field production but kuddos to him. I personally think we've coulda cut ties with him as well a long time ago and upgraded that position. Brown getting a chance in his rookie season and looking better than Scan tells the story
PFF has always had good things to say about Scandrick. They had him 28th out of 112 cbs last year which isn't "trash".

The NFL’s best cornerbacks versus each route type in 2016 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Honorable Mention: Orlando Scandrick, Cowboys

Scandrick, like Grimes, didn’t allow a single completion on a double-move. He was targeted three times on such routes, and broke up one attempt. Scandrick did an excellent job staying with his man, as the average time to throw against him was 3.03 seconds, an eternity in the NFL. On his only targeted play when in man coverage, he had to stay in coverage for only 2.1 seconds before the throw. On his two cover-3 targets, the offense averaged 3.5 seconds before the throw, and Scandrick stayed with both T.J. Jones and DeSean Jackson throughout.

Best player over 30 years old at every defensive position | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

SLOT CORNERBACK
William Gay, Pittsburgh Steelers (83.7)

After a couple up-and-down years early in his career, Gay has become more consistent in recent years and actually put together his best season to date in 2016. Having moved to the slot not only helped Gay, but he actually has become one of the better slot cornerbacks in the league overall. Furthermore, he allowed the second-fewest yards per cover snaps in the slot out of 52 cornerbacks with 0.61 yards, behind only Chris Harris Jr.

Honorable Mention: Orlando Scandrick, Dallas Cowboys (80.1)

Dallas Cowboys’ Offseason Review: Orlando Scandrick the Underappreciated CB
On my -3 thru +3 scale, I rated Scandy at a 1.5 year-end average. He ranked moderate-to-high scores in coverage, high scores in critical playmaking (playing strong at key moments), and moderate in pass-rush. Pro Football Focus thought so much of Orlando Scandrick that they ranked him as their 10th best CB in the NFL last season, that’s obviously behind All-Pro CBs Richard Sherman (3rd) and Darrelle Revis (4th), but it’s ahead of players like Aqib Talib (16th), Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (17th), and Joe Haden (28th).

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I want no parts of him or Dlaw after this season :beli:
man idk breh. when you're in our position of not having much money to court quality dlinemen in FA and you're never drafting high enough for the quality dlinemen, you're kinda backed into a corner of keeping what you got. i hope the tweet is just him complaining about the guidelines of his suspension.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX

Cornerbacks over 30, with possibly the least amount of snaps, lined up against the least targeted WR :yeshrug:

edit: i just read one stat where he didn't give up a catch on double moves---which he covered 3 times last year :heh:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Henderson refuses to require Tiffany Thompson’s presence at Elliott appeal hearing

With the appeal hearing in Ezekiel Elliott‘s case coming on Tuesday, arbitrator Harold Henderson has issued key rulings regarding the contours of the process.

Per a league source, Henderson has denied a request from Elliott’s representatives to make his accuser, Tiffany Thompson, available to testify. Henderson also has denied requests for notes or transcripts of meetings with Thompson.

Instead, Henderson has required only that Kia Roberts, who was involved in the investigation on the league’s behalf, be available to testify.

And so Elliott will have had no chance to question the key witness in the case, she will have never been placed under oath, and her credibility will have never been tested by either of the people making the key decisions in the case — Henderson now or Commissioner Roger Goodell previously.

None of this excuses domestic violence. But if the NFL is going to have its own in-house justice system aimed at investigating and prosecuting domestic violence, the NFL must have reasonable safeguards in place to ensure that the player has a fair opportunity to defend himself against these charges. Absent those protection, a very real risk of players facing false charges will emerge.

Last edited:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
As I sit and.... Smoke a joint under the night sky... And the stars are keeping me company. I may notice that I'm not where I'd envisioned myself at this age. I may notice how truly blessed I am with my life now. Maybe I just enjoy the fukkin music. One thing is certain this time though. And every time from now on that I'm under starlight, bathroom light or lite bright, IT'S COWBOYS SEASON TONIGHT MUHfukkAS! Ain't no day on Gods green earth like a day before and day of Cowboys football. Going out in public seeing those jerseys in EVERY... SINGLE.... STATE... In the Usa (sorry other teams that wish they were America's Team.) Whether it be Dak, Zeke, Dez, or Lee and knowing u got family in cowboys nation is too fukkin perfect. Playoffs? Nah. That's three points. I want OUR 6!!!