Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 (2025)

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
but it's also the exact point where they went full batshyt with tie-ins. You could understand KH1 on it's own and KH3 stripped a bunch of stuff back. but if you didn't play the tie-in games, and didn't read the blurbs on the back of a promotional Ramune bottle upside-down in the mirror on a new moon, you were sat there in KH2 like 'WHO THE fukk ARE THESE PEOPLE?!'

and that's my worry - I don't want them copying that bad habit of having a compelling story and making it so overwrought and under-tuned that I can play the game to completion still need a 5 hour lore video to tell me what the actual plot was.

KH2 definitely was the best playing the game felt. But it was the worst the coherence of the story got imo

Naw kh2 was super easy to follow in comparison to how dumb that shyt got. You really only needed to have play chain of memories and even then it wasnt needed.

If you had no knowledge of the myriad of games between 2 n 3 that shyt was damn near unintelligible
kh2 was very easy to follow. The decision to release a bunch of games across a bunch of different platforms (including mobile) is what fukked it up.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Been on my RPG ish for a while now so I might have to check this out.:hubie:
And that looks like the Legend of Dragoon addition system. That's crazy.:leon:
This coming to PS5 is hilarious though. I might have copped an Xbox just to check it out.:dead:

There’s no 3rd party game that won’t come to ps5

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
JyTySAg.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Getting into the rhythm of battle​

Combat is one of the elements that Broche and his team are most proud of, so we discussed some of the unique mechanics they implemented and the inspiration behind them.

“The battle system is what we call reactive turn-based,” he explains. “You can take time during battles to establish your strategies, but during the enemy’s turn, you will have to react in real-time to dodge, jump, or parry enemies to trigger a powerful counterattack. You will also be able to increase the effectiveness of your skills by mastering attack rhythms. Players will also be rewarded for their skill–it’s even possible to do a no-damage run if you master all the enemies’ patterns.”

“I kept thinking about ways to make turn-based battles more engaging,” Broche continues.”The attack rhythm system is a mix of different inspirations–we wanted to make something fast paced to fit the vision we had for battle. As soon as I finished the first prototype of the defense system, I knew it was something special.”