Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 (2025)

rdj

Pro
Daps
"Once a year, the Paintress wakes and paints upon her monolith. Paints her cursed number and everyone of that age turns to smoke and fades away.
Year by year, that number ticks down and more of us are erased. Tomorrow she’ll wake and paint “33.” Tomorrow we depart on our final mission - Destroy the Paintress, so she can never paint death again.

-We are Expedition 33."

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
"Once a year, the Paintress wakes and paints upon her monolith. Paints her cursed number and everyone of that age turns to smoke and fades away.
Year by year, that number ticks down and more of us are erased. Tomorrow she’ll wake and paint “33.” Tomorrow we depart on our final mission - Destroy the Paintress, so she can never paint death again.

-We are Expedition 33."

Thats a crazy, cool and unique premise for a story.

this shyt looks cold :noah:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Best looking thing from the showcase at least insofar as the stuff I like to play goes.

they mentioned KH2 and FF8 specifically here
and that makes me concerned.

I coulda understood KH1.
I coulda tolerated KH3.

I woulda understood FF7.
I woulda celebrated FF9.

but... but I'm worried about their choices there. I need someone to press them on their Persona choice. If they say P2 I know the whole list is them trolling and I'm un-wishlisting immediately :mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Best looking thing from the showcase at least insofar as the stuff I like to play goes.

they mentioned KH2 and FF8 specifically here
and that makes me concerned.

I coulda understood KH1.
I coulda tolerated KH3.

I woulda understood FF7.
I woulda celebrated FF9.

but... but I'm worried about their choices there. I need someone to press them on their Persona choice. If they say P2 I know the whole list is them trolling and I'm un-wishlisting immediately :mjlol:

Kh2 is the best game in that series :dahell:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

-We are Expedition 33."
it's funny, because...
if I have that power, it's light work. Paint 1. Every year. You'd literally hard-stall them by deading repopulation.

she should literally just paint the same number every year. It's yearly. But by dropping the number every year, she's really letting people duck her :hubie:sounds like a villain we gon get to and find out she isn't actually as bad as we think. or she's just dumb. Which checks out for JRPGs... it's literally always one or the other.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Kh2 is the best game in that series :dahell:
but it's also the exact point where they went full batshyt with tie-ins. You could understand KH1 on it's own and KH3 stripped a bunch of stuff back. but if you didn't play the tie-in games, and didn't read the blurbs on the back of a promotional Ramune bottle upside-down in the mirror on a new moon, you were sat there in KH2 like 'WHO THE fukk ARE THESE PEOPLE?!'

and that's my worry - I don't want them copying that bad habit of having a compelling story and making it so overwrought and under-tuned that I can play the game to completion still need a 5 hour lore video to tell me what the actual plot was.

KH2 definitely was the best playing the game felt. But it was the worst the coherence of the story got imo

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
but it's also the exact point where they went full batshyt with tie-ins. You could understand KH1 on it's own and KH3 stripped a bunch of stuff back. but if you didn't play the tie-in games, and didn't read the blurbs on the back of a promotional Ramune bottle upside-down in the mirror on a new moon, you were sat there in KH2 like 'WHO THE fukk ARE THESE PEOPLE?!'

and that's my worry - I don't want them copying that bad habit of having a compelling story and making it so overwrought and under-tuned that I can play the game to completion still need a 5 hour lore video to tell me what the actual plot was.

KH2 definitely was the best playing the game felt. But it was the worst the coherence of the story got imo

Naw kh2 was super easy to follow in comparison to how dumb that shyt got. You really only needed to have play chain of memories and even then it wasnt needed.

If you had no knowledge of the myriad of games between 2 n 3 that shyt was damn near unintelligible

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Naw kh2 was super easy to follow in comparison to how dumb that shyt got. You really only needed to have play chain of memories and even then it wasnt needed.

If you had no knowledge of the myriad of games between 2 n 3 that shyt was damn near unintelligible
I just vividly remember them opening KH2 in a way that made no sense.
But then once I understood the other lore, I realized it was a straight up in medias res opening that was designed to look like a fakeout reboot and I just got annoyed at the convolution of it all.

Hopefully that's not what these devs learn, is all I'm saying. Not to disparage anyone's preferred KH game.

That said, if any of y'all want to tell me why FF8 isn't dogshyt I'm all ears. I've tried repeatedly and I still to this day have yet to hear a compelling argument why Squall isn't absolute fukking dogwater.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I just vividly remember them opening KH2 in a way that made no sense.
But then once I understood the other lore, I realized it was a straight up in medias res opening that was designed to look like a fakeout reboot and I just got annoyed at the convolution of it all.

Hopefully that's not what these devs learn, is all I'm saying. Not to disparage anyone's preferred KH game.

That said, if any of y'all want to tell me why FF8 isn't dogshyt I'm all ears. I've tried repeatedly and I still to this day have yet to hear a compelling argument why Squall isn't absolute fukking dogwater.

I got nothing for ff8 that shyt is ass :manny:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been on my RPG ish for a while now so I might have to check this out.:hubie:
And that looks like the Legend of Dragoon addition system. That's crazy.:leon:
This coming to PS5 is hilarious though. I might have copped an Xbox just to check it out.:dead: