CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Lord if I had just started basketball as a kid today and just happened to see viewpoints like some of these in here, I would think Lebron played in the east and the west this year. Y’all keep saying asterisk and shyt y’all not in the league lmaoooo if you are then REVEAL YOURSELF and let’s start a black business but if not, cut it.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
What do you mean by “get cute”? Miami maximized the talent we had available. That’s what an organization is supposed to do. Sorry we couldn’t somehow trade everything for Giannis or pick up Anthony Davis. :skip:

But Miami will “keep it simple” once that 2021 free agency class open up. Best believe it.

:mjgrin:

I don't even know how you got I was talking about the Heat, I'm talking about pundits and casuals overthinking it and picking against a duo when one is having possibly the greatest postseason of all time and the other is LeBron. It's been as simple as that the whole time, there'd be a little more of a fight if Miami were 100%, but the outcome is the same.

All this talk about complete team, everybody eats, etc. I don't care who your everybody is if LeBron & Davis are clicking. If your star power isn't in the same ball park you are losing.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Just a small addition like a serve ibaka/brook lopez would be major for the heat. I’d even give Christian woods a shot
i aint mad at the outcome cuz we ballin yall just top heavy and bigger which goes to show small ball isnt the end all be all...no shame in losing to a lebron team with AD on it...i just find it weird that ppl in here are clowning miami idk if its laker fans/bron stans or teams that we beat in the east..but nikkas going in on us for no reason...

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Feels anticlimactic because everyone knows the outcome and it’s only game 2. Unfortunate Bam and Dragic went down because the Heat needed them on the court and to play great to even have a chance. Doesn’t help that Jimmy is clearly hobbled. Only way this becomes a series is if Bam can return and if AD or Bron get hurt. The asterisk talk is what it is. Brehs was talking the same with GSW when they had the pre-KD title run and the teams they faced had injuries to key players. Can’t really blame the Lakers for that just like you couldn’t blame the Warriors. As for the bubble, everyone’s playing under the same conditions. It’s just weird. I wouldn’t devalue the chip just because you don’t have thousands of fans in the same space and players aren’t having to travel across the country every few days.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
i aint mad at the outcome cuz we ballin yall just top heavy and bigger which goes to show small ball isnt the end all be all...no shame in losing to a lebron team with AD on it...i just find it weird that ppl in here are clowning miami idk if its laker fans/bron stans or teams that we beat in the east..but nikkas going in on us for no reason...
Naw laker fans have utmost respect for the heat squad. Unfortunately one of our stars brings a certain crowd along with him

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Feels anticlimactic because everyone knows the outcome and it’s only game 2. Unfortunate Bam and Dragic went down because the Heat needed them on the court and to play great to even have a chance. Doesn’t help that Jimmy is clearly hobbled. Only way this becomes a series is if Bam can return and if AD or Bron get hurt. The asterisk talk is what it is. Brehs was talking the same with GSW when they had the pre-KD title run and the teams they faced had injuries to key players. Can’t really blame the Lakers for that just like you couldn’t blame the Warriors. As for the bubble, everyone’s playing under the same conditions. It’s just weird. I wouldn’t devalue the chip just because you don’t have thousands of fans in the same space and players aren’t having to travel across the country every few days.
People ignore lakers worked hard for HCA and in the end they lost it and evened the playing field more

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
Y'all fighting bruh and that's all you can ask for your team. Unfortunate injuries happen, but a lot of other teams would've been blown out the past 2 games y'all keep trying to climb back in it.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Right! Just give LA their props. They took it. A title is a title. All this asterisk talk is annoying. As a heat fan, I don’t wanna hear it.

:skip:

AD is like Wilt chamberlain come again, and LeBron deserves his coronation. :wow:

They kicking our teeth in. :hubie:
we lost worse game 1 we competing even tho all you can ask for...if someone told me Olynik will gave us 24 points in a finals game on some mike miller shyt i woulda thought we blew them nikkas out :dead: this series shows exactly why bron/AD kawhi/PG team up and the league is superstar driven...you go to a finals like james in 07 vs the spurs on some one man wrecking crew shyt u gonna get smoked....

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Naw laker fans have utmost respect for the heat squad. Unfortunately one of our stars brings a certain crowd along with him
Y'all fighting bruh and that's all you can ask for your team. Unfortunate injuries happen, but a lot of other teams would've been blown out the past 2 games y'all keep trying to climb back in it.
preciate the love brehs

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lord if I had just started basketball as a kid today and just happened to see viewpoints like some of these in here, I would think Lebron played in the east and the west this year. Y’all keep saying asterisk and shyt y’all not in the league lmaoooo if you are then REVEAL YOURSELF and let’s start a black business but if not, cut it.

breh theres only a handful of sensible posters in here....they rest of these guys are clowns who spout regurgitated skip bayless talking points.....

its a hive mindset in here too....

for some reason lebron brings out the bytchassness in a lot of men....its hilarious to me

to look at what this cat has accomplished in his career and the fact that he's still adding to his resume in year 17 is crazy! :mindblown:

how can you claim to be an NBA fan and not appreciate what he's doing boggles my mind.....

but like i said this forum is filled with clowns :unimpressed:

if you want to see foolishness start a thread with either lebron.....jay z or drake in the title and watch what happens :banderas:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This really is a switch. It's usually Bron in Jimmy's shoes, giving his all on an overmatched squad while the other team's stars get to pick their spots without completely gassing themselves. Gotta respect the Heat for not just lying down. They could very easily mail it in and no one would blame them but they were out there competing. Gotta salute all those cats.

This Bron/AD shyt looking better and better by the day. Scary thing is, I think we are gonna see another level of AD after this experience. That "can he do it in the playoffs (despite of course avg like 30 and 13 and only losing to the Warriors)" monkey will be off his back. League needs to be on notice.

The thing that stands out to me most about these playoffs and really this entire season is...how did damn near everyone miss so badly with this Lakers squad? Not even on some revisionist, hindsight shyt. I mean you had Bron and AD. That right there is a problem for any team, anywhere in any era. Then you put all these quality role players around them, perfect mix of young and old, overwhelming size all over and a defensive head coach and people really slept on this squad every step of the way. I don't get it. People been screaming "superteam" with every squad Bron's been on the last decade. Yet you had nothing but questions and doubts with this thorough ass squad all year. If we looking at play at both ends especially by superstars, versatility, role players, holes or lack thereof this squad is the best squad he's been and people basically gifted them the "no one believes in us" card. Was it purely Bron spite and/or wishful thinking or am I the only one who saw this shyt clear as day all year?

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
At the end of the day he's on that second tier. Nothing wrong with that but he's not a LeBron, Kawhi, Harden, Curry or Dame - a guy that can pull 25+ shots out of his ass on any given night if necessary (AD's there too but like most bigs he's still dependent on a creator getting him the ball, he's just polished enough that he can get it anywhere on the court)
Thats fine, but he’s clearly showed he had more scoring ability than he’s given this season. I’ll blame it on the injuries or whatever, but this playoff run hasn’t been what he’s given us before

Status
Not open for further replies.