CK4: The Team that made Pat & The Team that the Don made: The Miami Heat vs Your Boss Angeles Lakers

Who wins Corona Kombat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Except other teams will be in the mix for Giannis. You Heat fans don't turn into Raptors or Warriors fans with this shyt. Somebody's walking away upset, all 3 teams could if the Bucks get their act together.

Bam's a restricted free agent in 2021, Robinson & Nunn are too. Miami will be forced to match offers for Bam and Robinson which could limit any 2021 signings (Giannis).

But it seems like the better deal is being the Lakers, you can have your cake and eat it, win a ring and then reload. They tell Kuzma to kick rocks and they have more cap space than anybody, since nobody's signed except LeBron, and he has an opt out which he'll probably take to build one last team with AD.

Idk if it'll be Giannis or not (they signed his brother to convince him) but all I'm saying is get used to the Lakers being around. There will be a lot of teams ready to sign him we don't even talk about.
The league always changes when a big market team like the Lakers win :mjlit:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
You don't play with neck injuries. Bam shouldn't try to force it.

Agreed, I would've announced him and Dragic will be out the remainder of the series last night. fukk the ring it just wasn't meant to be this time, gotta think bigger picture

The league always changes when a big market team like the Lakers win :mjlit:

Yeah well if Giannis didn't want to even workout with Bron, I wonder what the chances are of teaming up with him but I don't think anything can be shocking anymore after this whole year.

They made sure the deck would be cleared for him, we'll see what happens. If it doesn't happen you just get a repeat of last offseason just with an older LeBron and AD even more in his prime, so it balances out. Except this time you don't have Uncle Dennis sabotaging you and you fill out the team with quality players. Future's bright either way.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Except other teams will be in the mix for Giannis. You Heat fans don't turn into Raptors or Warriors fans with this shyt. Somebody's walking away upset, all 3 teams could if the Bucks get their act together.

Bam's a restricted free agent in 2021, Robinson & Nunn are too. Miami will be forced to match offers for Bam and Robinson which could limit any 2021 signings (Giannis).

But it seems like the better deal is being the Lakers, you can have your cake and eat it, win a ring and then reload. They tell Kuzma to kick rocks and they have more cap space than anybody, since nobody's signed except LeBron, and he has an opt out which he'll probably take to build one last team with AD.

Idk if it'll be Giannis or not (they signed his brother to convince him) but all I'm saying is get used to the Lakers being around. There will be a lot of teams ready to sign him we don't even talk about.
Giannis is just the crown jewel of free agency, but I don’t know if this Heat team necessarily needs him. Another big or another younger PG would suffice for this Miami team. Miami has enough to re-sign bam and still put pieces in place that compliment his game and compliment Spo’s coaching style. If this heat team has shown anything, they’ve shown that they’re fairly good already and aren’t too far away from being a contender. We have a bunch of contracts that are easy to shed in order to get new pieces. If Giannis decides to join another contender, then yeah, it’ll be a lot tougher for Miami and literally everyone else to win a title(including LA), save for the team Giannis chose. But in regards to Heat affairs, I mean, Miami’s in the finals as we speak with a bunch rookie contracts and short term vet contracts. There’s wiggle room to add pieces and subtract pieces. You can’t compare Miami’s situation with Toronto, because there was always a palpable fear that Kawhi was just gonna be there for one year, and dip to his hometown of Los Angeles. And even then they still won 50 games without him and were within a win of reaching the conference finals. You can’t compare this to the 2019 Warriors because, once again, KD was a free agent and left because of in-house conflict. Even then, the injuries to Klay and Steph probably hurt their chances to be a Western Conference contender in 2020 just as much of not more than KD deciding to leave. Meanwhile Jimmy seems to be pretty happy in Miami. Bottom line, if you have a solid core and a solid front office, and a top 5 coach(the part ppl still seem to forget), you’ll be in contention more times than not. This was year 1 of the Jimmy experiment and Miami reached the finals and we still have a bunch of young talent we can either resign or replace/leverage. Again, some of these guys had been g-league guys and guys who weren’t able to break into the league or make a rotation(Duncan/Nunn) and Miami basically turned them into playoff starters or rotational guys. Miami did the same with other players in the past(Whiteside, Tyler Johnson, etc). Coaching+Front Office+Player Development matters. Philly, Boston, Indy, or any other Eastern Conference teams who were ahead of the curve and got their young talent when Miami was treadmill status 2016-2020 should’ve been in Miami position right now facing LA, and yet, here Miami is, in the finals. It’s more than just having youth and talent and cap space.

:manny:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those Magic Johnson tweets aren’t as funny anymore now that I know he’s doing them on purpose. :beli:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

damn didnt know they had lil minor shyt over there too. Both squads going hard cause 4 more games u get the ring and to get the fukk out of flawda

Pat Riley bout to take it back to the Zo days now and have nikkas just goon up. Fukk it now make every foul count and bron will no what it is if Haslem is subbed into the game

:russ:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Y’all ready for tonight?

I predict drago and bam not to play.

I was hoping for more hating this morning.:wow:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Hard to root against someone with this mentality

Dude is a crazy person. He's been a terrible teammate for like 5 years straight and burned his way through 3 cities. He found a fit in MIA but he's a bullshyt artist who claimed all he wanted to do was win then left 3 winning situations until he found someone to give him what he really wanted: a long term deal

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Dude is a crazy person. He's been a terrible teammate for like 5 years straight and burned his way through 3 cities. He found a fit in MIA but he's a bullshyt artist who claimed all he wanted to do was win then left 3 winning situations until he found someone to give him what he really wanted: a long term deal

:ohhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.