Cities: Skylines II (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5) (October 24, 2023)

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I never got into this. Is this game as deep as Sim City or is it more approachable?
On par, probably easier to make a city that doesn't need to be babysat in CS, although you have to power though the milestones until you have incinerators and crematoriums. The game doesn't really teach you how to play so some stuff you have to stumble into. Easiest way to learn is to make money unlimited and just build. If you're a few milestones in and your cash flow isn't negative then you have the gist of things.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm going to say something that might be blasphemous. This will be the game that will make me finally uninstall all versions of Sim City from my PCs. I've been watching all of their videos and they seem super confident about this game. It feels very Maxis-ish in how they are describing this. I see that @Ciggavelli has this on deck too on Steam. I'm getting the special edition too since it doesn't seem like they are gouging on the DLC.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

console release Spring 2024

PC still Oct 24th

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

console release Spring 2024

PC still Oct 24th
That spec bump is probably the reason for this. They need more time to optimize.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Skylines is less of a city planner and more of a city painter if you look at what the userbase does with it. The cities are impressive but they're not really even engaging with the gameplay mechanics. The subreddit is already full of gripes about the lack of QoL tools for city painting in the new game.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dudes rocking their late 2000s gateway desktops about to get a wakeup call :mjlol:
Less than a week away. So psyched :blessed:

Also, you should still be able to stream the game using game pass; so spec requirements probably won't be an issue Microsoft stans

I'm just hoping they fixed the late-game traffic and death cycle issues from the first game. Can't have half the city die at the same time :francis:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
"We've taken the long-term vision of the project into account and feel that a release now is the right step," the FAQ says—though no further explanation is given as to why they feel releasing now is the right move.
:what: modern day gaming in a nutshell brehs. its over.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:what: modern day gaming in a nutshell brehs. its over.
They're in the same boat as KSP2. The preceding games were never really all that performant, but people made it work. Now the sequel is coming out in probably worse shape due to ambition, and they community is going to lose their mind. Only difference is KSP2 is still early access but these dudes acting like the devs mugged their mom's and fukked their girls :mjlol: