Chuck D: “I had 17 jobs before I became a rapper. I was never moved by street sh*t!”

King Poetic

Chow Yun Phat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Totally agree

I saw that shyt coming from a distance as well

Street nikkas be in the streets for a year or two and yes they fukking bad hoes, getting quick money, clothes and cars.. but as usual them nikkas end up dead or spend the next 15 to 40 years in prison :francis: and u was only able to have 2 years to so called ball out of control

And even when they get out of prison, they still in because no one is hiring these nikkas

Daps
Totally agree

I saw that shyt coming from a distance as well

Street nikkas be in the streets for a year or two and yes they fukking bad hoes, getting quick money, clothes and cars.. but as usual them nikkas end up dead or spend the next 15 to 40 years in prison :francis: and u was only able to have 2 years to so called ball out of control

And even when they get out of prison, they still in because no one is hiring these nikkas

SOME of them get out and retire in their 30s/40s with a shytload of money. i have seen it happen, but it is very rare. you have to be a special breed of d-boy to hustle for years and exit the game without a scratch. oftentimes, the fast money is just too addictive.

:unimpressed:

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
Several things happen they try and go back into street life and get packed by younger lions/catch another charge (violations) or they develop substance abuse issues which make them homeless and strung out. The most feared guy from my city in the 90s who had cars, money and all the women is now homeless and begging for money on the streets. Crazy how the tables turn.

On the flipside I know couple success stories where guys start their own businesses or get trucking jobs. That only happened because they had a good support system when they got out. Very few fit in this category.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's stayed true to his word over the years. He highly objected and wasn't going to allow his voice/lyrics to be used for Big's "Ten Crack Commandments" back in the day. Primo had to talk him into it and say it was for hop hop and the culture.
So he folded? And what does crack have to do with the culture?

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
:mjlol:the goon lovers/criminal admirers/gang nerds ain't gonna like this. Either way good. Motherfukkers kill me shaming the everyday breh whether he trying to earn a degree or knock tin or flip a burger.

All that extra shyt has done tremendous damage to our sense of community, but fakkits get to cooing over POS like Rick Ross or some random Crip fakkit he ain't did shyt but terrorize his own people.
shyt is fukked up. When drill "music" is more popular than music by Common or Lupe, that explains a lot.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
So he folded? And what does crack have to do with the culture?
Within hip hop culture.. The context was being able to scratch in a chorus from another record like a lot of dj's and producers do on records. Chuck didn't like his words being scratched in for the Ten Crack Commandments. Primo told him it's strictly hip hop and nothing more. So I guess he did fold

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt is fukked up. When drill "music" is more popular than music by Common or Lupe, that explains a lot.
i really hate becoming the old :flabbynsick: head as a man in my early 30s but somehow somewhere someone failed gen z

as a millenial when i was a teenager (the group that supposedly dictates whats cool) was when common and lupe had commercial success.

it was the next generation that came thru and fukked it all up :unimpressed: