Chuck D: “I had 17 jobs before I became a rapper. I was never moved by street sh*t!”

egsteel

All Star
Daps
Does he really need to name names for you ? You have no idea of who was lying about being a regular person before getting put on ?

Pics been out for a decade and also in that time most nikkas from the golden era have snitched on themselves...
I've always wondered about ice cube and ice t. It seems like Ice T was about that life but I'm not too sure about cube.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Was and still am a huge public enemy fan my favorite hip-hop act. Huge influence on my outlook on hip-hop Chuck D was right he saw it was coming. And look what happened. I came up in the early 90s when gangster rap took over subsidized by white kids from the suburbs. At the time 80% of hip-hop was bought by them and savvy studio gangster rappers gave them exactly what they wanted.

Gangster rappers ran off conscious rap just like Tupac ran Q-tip off the stage. The industry worships the ghost of a dude in a leotards putting on the performance of his short life.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I've always wondered about ice cube and ice t. It seems like Ice T was about that life but I'm not too sure about cube.

Cube has said many times he had a regular upbringing with his parents and went to a trade/technical school before getting into rap with NWA....Alot of these nikkas was telling fairytales on wax or was telling the stories of other dudes...

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
This the type of shyt ya pops tell you, a REAL mithafukkin pops who done seen and been throught it ALL, cant tell em shyt Me and my pops been having these type of conversations since jerri curls n jet magazines.

Chuck D the self proclaimed father of the fatherless. This ain't nothin new. Breh was born in the 50s early 60s. What the fukk you think he gonna say about what he sees in 2024? 1984?

:pachaha:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Cube has said many times he had a regular upbringing with his parents and went to a trade/technical school before getting into rap with NWA....Alot of these nikkas was telling fairytales on wax or was telling the stories of other dudes...
CB4 satirized all those studio gangsters NWA in particular, probably 10 years too early because a lot of people missed the joke

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
CB4 satirized all those studio gangsters NWA in particular, probably 10 years too early because a lot of people missed the joke

At that time there was no internet and wasnt no information about anybody publicly...you could get away with lying about ur shyt.

So many rappers from the 90s would be perceived differently in 2024 because everyones info isnt hidden anymore.

Last edited:
Daps
He slept peacefully at night all those years too

200w.gif