Chrono Cross Remake possibly in production

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Yeah, yeah, we get it. Chrono Trigger was some of your favorites.

we-dont-care.gif

Now fukk out the thread and go start a petition or something. :camby:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wouldn’t it be dope if they actually put Magus in the game and gave him an actual story?

I think they did that with saga frontier

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
As a remake it almost has to, I would have been low key disappointed if it didn't. The story always seemed spotty or kind of off. I expect retcon's and potential Chrono spins rather sequels.

I just cant imagine all this hoopla over a remaster, especially cross promotional tie in’s.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As a remake it almost has to, I would have been low key disappointed if it didn't. The story always seemed spotty or kind of off. I expect retcon's and potential Chrono spins rather sequels.
Inserting Magus back into the game seems like it would require major rework. We're then talking about a remake vs a remaster.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Inserting Magus back into the game seems like it would require major rework. We're then talking about a remake vs a remaster.

Getting conflicting reports as to what it is. Some people are saying its a ps5 exclusive remake, (natethehate) and some are saying its a multiplat remaster (Gematsu) GeForce also list it as a remaster

I just dont see why square enix would do so much promotion for a standard remaster

3a2facd0864762bd193e92c2a36ad5ec1638635397_main.png

chrono-cross-x-another-eden-crossover-character-art_t5w1.1080.png

This entire intro is more work than square enix puts into remasters

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Getting conflicting reports as to what it is. Some people are saying its a ps5 exclusive remake, (natethehate) and some are saying its a multiplat remaster (Gematsu) GeForce also list it as a remaster

I just dont see why square enix would do so much promotion for a standard remaster

Square Enix didn't make that did they? They lent properties that they own the rights of to the studio that made Another Eden because key Chrono team members are key members of that studio.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't see Sony letting this one out of some kind of exclusivity. But then again if this is a remake Square might want the money that all systems will bring in instead of what Sony wants to give them for exclusive rights.

And currently Sony seems to have a ton of Irons in the fire with Square so adding yet another might be starting to wear a bit hard on the pockets.

Either way Remake, or remaster exclusive or not, this is day 1 for me.

But here's hoping to a remake. I feel like that's what it will be.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Square Enix didn't make that did they? They lent properties that they own the rights of to the studio that made Another Eden because key Chrono team members are key members of that studio.

Same director, but the timing of it to come now after all the rumors is sus

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't see Sony letting this one out of some kind of exclusivity. But then again if this is a remake Square might want the money that all systems will bring in instead of what Sony wants to give them for exclusive rights.

And currently Sony seems to have a ton of Irons in the fire with Square so adding yet another might be starting to wear a bit hard on the pockets.

Either way Remake, or remaster exclusive or not, this is day 1 for me.

But here's hoping to a remaster. I feel like that's what it will be.

fukk that. I want a remake, good quality one. I don’t care if its not exclusive but there needs to be some good QoL changes with the game and some rewrites. This was a high budget game back in the day it deserves a bit more fan fare.

And it selling well would lead to other golden age rpg remakes