Chrono Cross Remake possibly in production

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't see Sony letting this one out of some kind of exclusivity. But then again if this is a remake Square might want the money that all systems will bring in instead of what Sony wants to give them for exclusive rights.

And currently Sony seems to have a ton of Irons in the fire with Square so adding yet another might be starting to wear a bit hard on the pockets.

Either way Remake, or remaster exclusive or not, this is day 1 for me.

But here's hoping to a remaster. I feel like that's what it will be.
I hope it's a remake. Trim the cast down too this ain't Suikoden. Also yeah add Magus into the cast.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope it's a remake. Trim the cast down too this ain't Suikoden. Also yeah add Magus into the cast.
fukk that. I want a remake, good quality one. I don’t care if its not exclusive but there needs to be some good QoL changes with the game and some rewrites. This was a high budget game back in the day it deserves a bit more fan fare.

And it selling well would lead to other golden age rpg remakes

fixed* I meant remake not remaster.

Chrono Cross low key needs it.

This has Tetsuya Nomura written all over it, but with him on FF7 and the craziness going on there I don't know if he has time for Chrono Cross.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Parasite eve….FRONT MISSION……….

MeatySeriousAgama-size_restricted.gif

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting conflicting reports as to what it is. Some people are saying its a ps5 exclusive remake, (natethehate) and some are saying its a multiplat remaster (Gematsu) GeForce also list it as a remaster

I just dont see why square enix would do so much promotion for a standard remaster

3a2facd0864762bd193e92c2a36ad5ec1638635397_main.png

chrono-cross-x-another-eden-crossover-character-art_t5w1.1080.png

This entire intro is more work than square enix puts into remasters

This is bringing the feelin' back :blessed: Please do it right square

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't even remember too much about this game except finding out about the fate of the original cast in some exposition toward the end of the game, I remember to beat the last boss you had to make some color objects chime a certain way and I remember these songs