Christopher Nolan says there’s concern of content disappearing from streaming services.” Don’t get rid of physical media.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I really need to be online less. Especially here tbh.

Not exactly on topic, but I ain't never going to stop reading physical books. Being able to flip back and forth to previous pages simply works better with physical. I like being able to hold a book and not worry about battery power or any of that other shyt.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:manny:I'm practicing Wabi Sabi.

Have the movies I give a damn about on digital platforms and the cloud. The rest I stream.

I'm at a point where we don't own shyt. This is all temporary and could be lost in an instant. Living in countless hotels and etc, I realized that physical forms of media weighs you down from going places.

This is the same smooth brained marsupial that sold every vinyl I had just to keep the roof over my head a while back, turn around and just drop 10 for 3 month deal on Spotify.

While the idea of digital streaming platforms are becoming a way of the world, I would rather pay for accessibility, than dealing with a shytload of hard drives, shelves of bullshyt, and dusty video game cartridges that I will never play.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
y’all gotta understand all the digital shyt being of convenience is solely a mask for what’s to come. Planet earth is not the final destination…

:wow: This human gets it.

I swear people that doom and gloom about physical items are more scary, than the forces that be that's trying to kill such a thing. I dealt with the foolishness when I worked at Best Buy. Shaky, shivery, hoarding adultchildren trying to look for the exclusive blu ray of Mac and Me, then bytch and moan about it being out of stock.

Then you have folks asking the marsupial to "check in the back" like breh...WHY DOES IT MATTER, WHEN YOU CAN EASILY GET THE DAMN FLICK OR GAME FROM THE PRIVACY OF YOUR DAMN HOME :why:

Can we please for once get into the 21st century and accept that everything is temporary from the clothes we wear, to the laptop I'm typing on.

Daps
I really need to be online less. Especially here tbh.

Not exactly on topic, but I ain't never going to stop reading physical books. Being able to flip back and forth to previous pages simply works better with physical. I like being able to hold a book and not worry about battery power or any of that other shyt.
I feel you on that and I love the feeling of thumbing through a hard copy, but the feelimg of knowing I have hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of textbooks that would easily be going for 200 a pop each and the knowledge I can gain from them definitely hits different..... :banderas:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
I buy every movie that I want to watch multiple times. Never know when these streaming services gon take something down or it’s on a service I don’t have.

For real, it hasn't affected me cause I didn't watch the shows but a couple years ago a few comedians got cancelled and they took episodes they appeared in out the series on Netflix and shyt.

For me there's a lot of music I love that just isn't on the platforms, and there's a lot of albums that are where a handful of songs are omitted.