Christopher Nolan is Hollywood’s Highest-Paid Director

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Dunkirk is gonna be dope... once. like all Nolan movies. No replay value whatsoever. Don't @ me.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Dunkirk is gonna be dope... once. like all Nolan movies. No replay value whatsoever. Don't @ me.
christopher-nolan.jpg

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I know he shot all of it at once, and the reason that happened was because of his commitment to the project. Luck had nothing to do with it.

his commitment not necessarily the studios. (thats why i said luck) . and i was making a point to reference the profit.. im saying the profit was there only because it was shot that way

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
his commitment not necessarily the studios. (thats why i said luck) . and i was making a point to reference the profit.. im saying the profit was there only because it was shot that way

Doesn't change the fact that he made the studio a lot of money, and won a shytload of awards while at it.

Speaking of, @FlyRy, since you do care about awards and stuff, how many awards has Nolan brought WB yet?:sas2:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Doesn't change the fact that he made the studio a lot of money, and won a shytload of awards while at it.

Speaking of, @FlyRy, since you do care about awards and stuff, how many awards has Nolan brought WB yet?:sas2:
History is littered with great minds not appreciated during their time, often because they were simply ahead of it.

Nolan will be added to that list.

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
His last three movies were :yeshrug:...Okay as a theatre experience, but I have no desire to rewatch any of them.

Memento, Prestige, BB and TDK are still great though. Looking back, it's easy to see that 2005-2008 were his peak years.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Kubrick and Hitchcock never won.

The Academy never honors the GOATs.

though he should have won best picture in 2008 and 2010 :umad:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Christopher Nolan is Hollywood’s Highest-Paid Director

"According to the article, Nolan is being paid $20 million upfront plus 20 percent of the gross for Dunkirk. That is the most a director has been paid for any movie since Peter Jackson also got $20 million for his King Kong movie (released back in 2005)."

:wow:

The gawd

@wire28 they gonna be mad about this one

Nolan is going to bless us with another masterpiece next summer.

My body is more ready than the crotchless panties my wife is gonna wear for our anniversary:banderas:

@TheGodling :umad:

@Sensitive Blake Griffin @Prodigal Syndicate :blessed:

Director - Hollywood Salaries 2016: Who Got Raises (and Who Didn't), From Movie Stars to Showrunners

I thought top tier directors get the same as top tier actors. What does JJ Abrams get per movie?