Christopher Nolan is Hollywood’s Highest-Paid Director

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Peter Jackson got literally the same deal for king Kong, not hard to believe

Peter Jackson got 20 million, he did not get 20% of the gross.

And that percentage is kinda ridiculous, I can see WB offering Nolan 20 million but I think it's very likely that the 20% cut refers to Nolan's entire contribution to the movie since he's also a producer on it.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Peter Jackson got 20 million, he did not get 20% of the gross.

And that percentage is kinda ridiculous, I can see WB offering Nolan 20 million but I think it's very likely that the 20% cut refers to Nolan's entire contribution to the movie since he's also a producer on it.
You're wrong, Jackson got 20mil up front and 20% gross

Hollywood's New King Kong

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Plus Nolans earned it more than PJ had at that time. As much as I love LOTR

Peter Jackson made the entire LOTR trilogy on a budget of under 300 million, and made almost 3 billion. This was in the early 00's too, so if you think Nolan "earned" it and PJ didn't at the time you're out of your fukking mind.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Peter Jackson made the entire LOTR trilogy on a budget of under 300 million, and made almost 3 billion. This was in the early 00's too, so if you think Nolan "earned" it and PJ didn't at the time you're out of your fukking mind.
Breh i stan LOTR more than anything. I didn't say PJ didnt earn it. And the budget figures don't really mean shyt as they started in 1999 and budgets werent as ridiculous as they are today.

I'm just saying Nolan has been putting in work at WB for 14 years.

We know the batman trilogy was huge but Inception pulled in 825 million and Interstellar 675. Even Insomnia and Prestige both pulled in over 100M.

He deserves to get paid

Last edited: