Christian Brehs: (Humbly) Why would God make it so that people cannot accurately assess their own intelligence?

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This is what you get for following the whitewashed version of the Bible. It dumbs black people down, while tricking and pacifying black people into believing "not all white people are bad".

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I think I met you in a train station and you told me the same thing?

:patrice:
giphy.gif

do you remember the words, or the feeling from the words?

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
This is what you get for following the whitewashed version of the Bible. It dumbs black people down, while tricking and pacifying black people into believing "not all white people are bad".
:jbhmm:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What does that even mean? :childplease:
It means don't mock God because when it's your time to go and there's nothing no one can do to save you, you never know how you're going to take it and regrets you may have as the walls close in on you.

Not sure how much death you been around but the jokey atheist sh1t don't always stand up to the reaper.

Don't close doors you might need later. You were permitted to wake up today so God obviously still sees some use for you to come home.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
It means don't mock God because when it's your time to go and there's nothing no one can do to save you, you never know how you're going to take it and regrets you may have as the walls close in on you.

Not sure how much death you been around but the jokey atheist sh1t don't always stand up to the reaper.

Don't close doors you might need later. You were permitted to wake up today so God obviously still sees some use for you to come home.
What the hell are you talking about? Just because I refuted your subjective opinion of “having faith in god and believing in god is a sign of intelligence” doesn’t mean I don’t believe in god. It just means your position isn’t grounded in objective proof.

Stop making assumptions because people don’t agree with you. Right wing evangelicals prove your initial position wrong.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What the hell are you talking about? Just because I refuted your subjective opinion of “having faith in god and believing in god is a sign of intelligence” doesn’t mean I don’t believe in god. It just means your position isn’t grounded in objective proof.

Stop making assumptions because people don’t agree with you. Right wing evangelicals prove your entire premise wrong.
So you believe in the God of the Bible. Yes or no?

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
So you believe in the God of the Bible. Yes or no?
do you believe in Chemosh or the God of Israel?

1 Samuel 17:41-47

41 And the Philistine came on and drew near unto David; and the man that bare the shield went before him.

42 And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance.

43 And the Philistine said unto David, Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.

44 And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.

45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.

46 This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

47 And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yaweh not moab nihk
do you believe God brings death or that God brings life? :jbhmm:

Deuteronomy 7:12-14
12 Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the Lord thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:

13 And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

14 Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
do you believe God brings death or that God brings life? :jbhmm:

Deuteronomy 7:12-14
Deuteronomy 32:39: "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal, and there is none that can deliver out of my hand."

Doesn't matter if you want to view death as an agent or God himself. God gives life and brings death. Its all in God's wheelhouse

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Deuteronomy 32:39: "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal, and there is none that can deliver out of my hand."

Doesn't matter if you want to view death as an agent or God himself. God gives life and brings death. Its all in God's wheelhouse
there is a pre-torah account of God from jews

before Jacobs dream by the pillar at Bethel

I am saying this because the narrative as we know it is AFTER persian captivity. And to see outside of persian captivity starts with seeing outside of why the law was sent down in the first place (ritual lawlessness)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
there is a pre-torah account of God from jews

before Jacobs dream by the pillar at Bethel

I am saying this because the narrative as we know it is AFTER persian captivity. And to see outside of persian captivity starts with seeing outside of why the law was sent down in the first place (ritual lawlessness)
What narratives. The dead sea scrolls predate persian captivity.