Christian Brehs: (Humbly) Why would God make it so that people cannot accurately assess their own intelligence?

Theo Ruxpin

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because God doesn't make people smarter or more intelligent than others. For the most part we are all born with the same blank canvas with the same mental capabilities and potential. Home structure, social culture and educational upbringing are usually the determining factors in which ways a person utilizes or under utilize their brain potential

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Why is assessing your own intelligence important when the only intelligence worth having is believing in and having faith in God, both of which will showcase your real intelligence in how you act and the path you walk.

God's power can manifest in the actions of someone who isn't intelligent but walks the path.

Some things are just beyond your understanding. Just believe and enjoy the ride.

the-office-stanley.gif

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Very good question OP.

You don't know

What you don't know

The main skill to develop is to know whats even possible. Part of that is knowing what's probable.

It's POSSIBLE to win the Mega Millions. You might think that one ticket gets you one chance, so 1000 tickets gets you 1000 chances (true, by the way).

But you may not process that fact that even 1,000,000 lottery tickets will not give you a much better chance than 1.

Probability.

Most people decide that they like a certain idea, first. Then they campaign for it and pick and choose reasons that agree with their angle.

If you wanna *know*: throw off all your subjective baggage and look at the raw numbers. Once you can do the math, expect what comes next based purely on numbers, not feelings.

Most people fight to the death over how they feel. What they would LIKE. Not the product of the equation.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Ecclesiastes 1:17-18: "Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind. For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

1 Corinthians 8:1:"We know that 'We all possess knowledge.' But knowledge puffs up while love builds up."

Romans 12:3: "For by the grace given to me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you."

2 Corinthians 12:9: "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.c

Just relax. Accept you don't know it all, tou cant know it all and you wont know it all. Keep faith in God's path for you and belief in him.

That's all that's going to matter when you wake up at the judgement.

But God you didn't let me assess my own intelligence. :mjlol: he already told you, even if you did know it's not worth a damn. This world is destined to burn up with all the wisdom in it.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Is this enough because I have more …

Bible Verses about

Intelligence

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 1:1-33

The proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel: To know wisdom and instruction, to understand words of insight, to receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity; to give prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the youth— Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance, ...

Proverbs 2:6

For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;

2 Peter 1:5

For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge,

Daniel 5:14

I have heard of you that the spirit of the gods is in you, and that light and understanding and excellent wisdom are found in you.

Daniel 1:17

As for these four youths, God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

James 1:5

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

Philippians 1:9-11

And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

Job 12:3

But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to you. Who does not know such things as these?

Proverbs 18:15

An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

1 Kings 10:24

And the whole earth sought the presence of Solomon to hear his wisdom, which God had put into his mind.

Isaiah 29:12

And when they give the book to one who cannot read, saying, “Read this,” he says, “I cannot read.”

Proverbs 10:19

When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.

Romans 12:6-8

Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

Romans 12:2

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Isaiah 29:14

Therefore, behold, I will again do wonderful things with this people, with wonder upon wonder; and the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the discernment of their discerning men shall be hidden.”

1 Corinthians 1:19

For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.”

Colossians 3:2

Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Proverbs 9:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.

1 Corinthians 2:9

But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—

James 3:17

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

1 Corinthians 2:16

“For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Romans 8:7

For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

Proverbs 4:23

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.

Psalm 111:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!

2 Timothy 2:15

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Daniel 1:4

Youths without blemish, of good appearance and skillful in all wisdom, endowed with knowledge, understanding learning, and competent to stand in the king's palace, and to teach them the literature and language of the Chaldeans.

Proverbs 3:13

Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding,

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Did someone get over on you and you can't get over it? What's up with you buddy 🤔

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Is this enough because I have more …
the strange thing is, despite what all of these say

they are actually steering people wrong, but only if you understand this
In the Book of Genesis, Dinah (/ˈdaɪnə/; Hebrew: דִּינָה, Modern: Dīna, Tiberian: Dīnā, 'judged'; 'vindicated') was the seventh child and only daughter of Leah and Jacob. The episode of her violation by Shalem, son of a Canaanite or Hivite prince, and the subsequent vengeance of her brothers Simeon and Levi, commonly referred to as the rape of Dinah, is told in Genesis 34.

Genesis 34:2-4

2 And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her.

3 And his soul clave unto Dinah the daughter of Jacob, and he loved the damsel, and spake kindly unto the damsel.

4 And Shechem spake unto his father Hamor, saying, Get me this damsel to wife.

Isaiah 60:14-16

14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

15 Whereas thou has been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.

16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.

:patrice:

this here is true wisdom tho:

Daniel 1:4

Youths without blemish, of good appearance and skillful in all wisdom, endowed with knowledge, understanding learning, and competent to stand in the king's palace, and to teach them the literature and language of the Chaldeans.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
What does her rape and the vengeance for that rape have to do with intelligence?
she is the only "daughter" of Jacob through Leah

and it said that Jacob struggled with God and and his life was preserved (see Peniel)

This woman had 6 sons and a daughter to love and be loved by. Something was clearly happening in her life during the birth of each child due to the meaning of their names. Reuben, meaning (Behold a Son), Simeon, meaning (Hears), Levi, meaning (Attached) and Judah meaning (Praise) for her husband out the gate. Issachar meaning (Reward), Zebulun meaning (To Honor) and Dinah meaning (Avenged).

the entirety of Genesis is influenced by the narrative of Esau and Jacob (because the covenant of Abraham would be fulfilled through Isaac's seed)

to me: the psalms, proverbs and even the the prophets represent canaan (unstable waters). While Genesis represents Egypt (firmament)

so most people spend most of their time judging the land of canaan without knowledge (see the book of Judges as well as Kings/Samuel/Chronicles etc).

A womans egg can become a child, but without good seed it is a barren husk. Science says that despite the 2billion or so seed that man can put into a woman, only one seed actually gets to the egg. With the story of Jacob as context the knowledge of Dinah may completely change your perspective of the old testament.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
she is the only "daughter" of Jacob through Leah

and it said that Jacob struggled with God and and his life was preserved (see Peniel)

the entirety of Genesis is influenced by the narrative of Esau and Jacob (because the covenant of Abraham would be fulfilled through Isaac's seed)

to me: the psalms, proverbs and even the the prophets represent canaan (unstable waters). While Genesis represents Egypt (firmament)

so most people spend most of their time judging the land of canaan without knowledge (see the book of Judges as well as Kings/Samuel/Chronicles etc).

A womans egg can become a child, but without good seed it is a barren husk. Science says that despite the 2billion or so seed that man can put into a woman, only one seed actually gets to the egg. With the story of Jacob as context the knowledge of Dinah may completely change your perspective of the old testament.
I think I met you in a train station and you told me the same thing?

:patrice: