Chris Rock: Tamborine (Netflix Comedy Special Thread)

SalamiAttack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Ancient City of Brooklyn
Dave's jawns > This Chris

:duck:

FeistyHotIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I'm sayin though :heh:

Just for comparison:

Rock: "WE NEED BULLIES! :pachaha:, WE NEED BULLIES!! :pachaha:, WE NEED BULLIES!!! :pachaha:"

Chappelle: "These comedians have a responsibility to talk wreckless, otherwise, my kids will never know how it sounds. They'll never know the joy of being wrong...I didn't come here to be right...I came here to fukk around. :manny:"

Rock's joint wasn't that deep. That's another thing: if you're not gonna make me laugh, or at least make me think, you're wasting my time :martin:
:comeon:you really gonna post a whole Chappelle quote and then post that bs for Chris?

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this joint was funny. It was a little weak started off, but he hit his stride. I actually like it better than the last two Chapelle joints.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I liked this better than all of the past 4 Chapelle specials but I'm probably a bigger Chris Rock fan.

He just tends to word things in ways that's just hilarious.

-The few bad apples as cops comparing that to pilots
-Rihanna not even registering that he has a dikk at his age
-The judge asking for pictures of food and beds
-Opening up the special about how cops should start killing white kids
-Bullying and dealing with trump

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I thought this was great.

For some reason I never laugh out loud that much at Chris Rock but I do consider him one of the GOATs.

This was better than anything I've seen from him in a while.

I kind of dig what @Zero was saying. As you get older and life gets harsh, sometimes it's nice to have some silly shyt to laugh at and not as much heavy topics, such as divorce, etc. But Chris Rock has always spoken about heavier topics, and always has good social commentary and insight on men and women. So for him to not touch on the stuff he touched on would have been weird IMO.

It's pretty clear to me that this must have been a therapeutic hour for him. Seems like he has some demons, but is handling them well. Sounds weird to say but I'm happy for the guy. Glad he can see his kids and is dating again after what sounds like a bad divorce.

Maybe I need to watch it again when I'm in a better mood. I almost watched and felt like I'm gonna eventually go through everything he was talking about :merchant: but I hope that's not the case.

Very solid special.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The buildup to him talking about cheating and then the punchline at the end was brilliant. Like I was legit feeling uncomfortable for him thinking he was about to break down crying than he just breaks all the tension with the punchline. Getting divorced definitely reignited him creatively

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
It's whatever the majority enjoyed it in this thread it seems.

I find it silly two compare the two, not because you like can't like one over the other, but Dave has dropped 4 in a short span period to Rock's 1.