Chris Rock: Tamborine (Netflix Comedy Special Thread)

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
j3SOktP.gif

Not bad, couple of laughs here and there.

I'ma keep it 1000 though, the older I get, the less serious and more raunchy I need my comedy to be. Chappelle gets a pass for the jewels he dropped but...I need more laugh out loud moments breh. I'm grown now, I know life has a tendency to suck at times. I'm not trying to hear about your problems at a comedy show...I got my own. And hell, if you wanna talk about your personal ills, at least be drop dead funny with it. :ld:
j3SOktP.gif

Not bad, couple of laughs here and there.

I'ma keep it 1000 though, the older I get, the less serious and more raunchy I need my comedy to be. Chappelle gets a pass for the jewels he dropped but...I need more laugh out loud moments breh. I'm grown now, I know life has a tendency to suck at times. I'm not trying to hear about your problems at a comedy show...I got my own. And hell, if you wanna talk about your personal ills, at least be drop dead funny with it. :ld:

Damn I'm the opposite. I need this type of comedy where it makes me think.
I don't even know what comedians I could consider my goats or even considered top tier if they not talking about their life and what's revolving around it.

I mean even my favorite of all time Patrice O'neal talked about deep adult shyt 24/7 dude was just funny af.

The only type of comedian I can think of that you seem to want it is Mike Epps. Dude just be roasting nikkas and talking about random shyt. I mean that's what makes Epps great because not many people can be that funny without realistic and deep thinking substance

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
If Chris Rock made you think, that means you are not well read. This shyt was paint by the numbers, surface cleaning with no depth whatsoever.
Quit being vague. Give me an example and break it down why it had no depth.

The only problem I see with all these specials recently are that they cover the same topics.
-getting old
-donald trump
- cops
etc.

its just shyt from their perspective

I mean at the same time its what can you do its the life they're living

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If Chris Rock made you think, that means you are not well read. This shyt was paint by the numbers, surface cleaning with no depth whatsoever.
I'm sayin though :heh:

Just for comparison:

Rock: "WE NEED BULLIES! :pachaha:, WE NEED BULLIES!! :pachaha:, WE NEED BULLIES!!! :pachaha:"

Chappelle: "These comedians have a responsibility to talk wreckless, otherwise, my kids will never know how it sounds. They'll never know the joy of being wrong...I didn't come here to be right...I came here to fukk around. :manny:"

Rock's joint wasn't that deep. That's another thing: if you're not gonna make me laugh, or at least make me think, you're wasting my time :martin:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Also the cops never use the phrase properly.

It's one bad apple spoils the bunch, right?

They leave out that last part.

:jbhmm:
This would've been a fantastic punchline for that joke...but it never happened :francis:

Daps
It was just ok to me, maybe because I expect a lot from Chris. You can see how much that divorce fukked him and he was all to blame. I guess that's what happens when you in Hollywood for too long! You will get 'kevin hart'ed' as chapelle said.

Dave chapelle is on another level with his stand up right now. Funny and real shyt.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The title/theme is al9ne is enough depth. It's the direct opposite of everything that's promoted in our world.