Chris Rock: Tamborine (Netflix Comedy Special Thread)

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
I'm sayin though :heh:

Just for comparison:

Rock: "WE NEED BULLIES! :pachaha:, WE NEED BULLIES!! :pachaha:, WE NEED BULLIES!!! :pachaha:"

Chappelle: "These comedians have a responsibility to talk wreckless, otherwise, my kids will never know how it sounds. They'll never know the joy of being wrong...I didn't come here to be right...I came here to fukk around. :manny:"

Rock's joint wasn't that deep. That's another thing: if you're not gonna make me laugh, or at least make me think, you're wasting my time :martin:

This contrast example is right on point.

I used to think that Chris was the more aggressive thinker than the sillier, weed-head Chappelle.

It's like they've exchanged bodies, and Chappelle now brings the more incisive observations.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
good standup, like it way better than kill the messenger, although my main gripe w/ KTM was the bad editing between the sets, and not really the content itself. Had a lot of funny moments.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Quit being vague. Give me an example and break it down why it had no depth.

The only problem I see with all these specials recently are that they cover the same topics.
-getting old
-donald trump
- cops
etc.

its just shyt from their perspective

I mean at the same time its what can you do its the life they're living
God don't make me mistakes was a dud, it had no depth it was a weak attempt to be a contrarian which based his whole joke on "rest".

Black Men endangered species was done by Spike Lee's movie "get on the bus"
Teaching about white people had no point, really stupid and the epitome of not funny. It was sophomoric at best.

That's just 3 of 4,021.

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda felt like the first Dave Chappelle Netflix special where it was bold, challenging and gave some good insight with political commentary......but wasn't funny.

The difference between them is that I've never found Chris Rock funny while Dave is hilarious. I think people enjoy Rock cause of his voice and delivery but overall...shyt was meh. Didn't get a single laugh

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
I thought it was hilarious!

In comparative terms, after Chappelle's, this is the funniest stand-up routine that I have watched in forever.

The bits about Divorce, Court, Children and the realities of being a man, and black is as real as it will get.

Rock does miss the mark on a few of his joke deliveries, most notably the segment about bullies that

people mentioned above me and the part about Mississippi and life in Jamaica.

If Chappelle's, two most recent specials are a 10 and placed him as the GOAT in my opinion, Rock isn't

far behind with a solid 8 with this first one.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Bad timing? How about the nikka was right
What I meant was it felt a little weird hearing him say we need bullies on the same day as what happened at the school in Florida breh.

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood. It was a little too cynical for my taste. But I'll finish it today

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I meant was it felt a little weird hearing him say we need bullies on the same day as what happened at the school in Florida breh.

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood. It was a little too cynical for my taste. But I'll finish it today
This is where you're wrong. He had a part about bullies and he had a part about gun control and mass shootings.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This is where you're wrong. He had a part about bullies and he had a part about gun control and mass shootings.
I never said he didn't. I really fail to see what you're trying to argue. I've given my thoughts and I stand by them :yeshrug: