Chris Rock: Tamborine (Netflix Comedy Special Thread)

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dave Chappelle's bit on the Def Comedy Jam special is funnier than this entire joint :manny:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I would love to see a Netflix Special with Rock and Chappelle on the stage at the same time just talking about politics, current affairs, life in general for about 2hrs.
No Chris rock ain’t funny no more

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
It was hilarious.

The "bad apples" bit was funny.

The shyt about telling his kids they ain't special was funny.

Bullying was funny.

I really liked it.
fully agree with this then again i'm 37, married for 3 years now, and we have a 2 year old son.

So all that was relevant to me. I can see how younger brehs weren't super into it. It requires some life experiences at that level to relate to the jokes.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I gotta be divorced and miserable to laugh at this joint?
full

i don't know what you guys expect, Rock has been feeding you for years. This was at his most honest, pouring out his soul from a life changing experience. He gave you jewels on this one, especially the part of why marriages lasted longer back then, i really felt that! It might not be his best, but def not his worst, this was good for what it was. You can tell a lot of sh*t was on his mind so you gotta give him the humanity pass and let him live, he's not a machine that automatically spits out top notch comedy, he's a broken man right now going through some real sh*t.

Does the C stand for copping pleas? This shyt was light breh

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
i can see why some are not feeling this tamborine show, compared to his older stuff
it did feel like he was more "slower" i dunno

i did like some of the jokes tho, the part about men being useless if they're not providing got me as its been something ive been thinking about these past few days

AceAge

Pro
Daps
People complaining about Chris changing, but imagine your divorce lawyers office where the person you loved and everyone involved is hell bent on taking all your money and everyone involved is smarter than you, is across the street from your mothers chemo hospital where she's withering away and you're paying for that too, and having to alternate weekly visitations between the two. And then doing that for years on end. Chris said there was a time he wished his mother would just die and he'd never have to see that evil street again. That experience changes any man.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Yea chris will always be ranked ahead of dave on all time lists and rightfully so. Dave has maybe one classic special and that's killin em softly. He's never come close to that level since. Chris's body of work is much stronger than dave's.
Even Chris Rock would disagree with you breh.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I give it a 4/5.

It was very good.

It wasn't better than all his other stuff, but ahead of at least one of the older joints.