Chris Rock: Tamborine (Netflix Comedy Special Thread)

CJ14

Pro
Daps
Yea chris will always be ranked ahead of dave on all time lists and rightfully so. Dave has maybe one classic special and that's killin em softly. He's never come close to that level since. Chris's body of work is much stronger than dave's.
All time maybe and that's because Rock in his prime was damn near untouchable... But right now it's not even a debate anymore and i like em both but Dave is just on another level, Rock's just seemed to have lost his edge... I always thought Dave was funnier even though Rock had the better specials (before last year):yeshrug:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chris a fence sitting c00n. He makes the racist jokes that cacs would get a backlash for saying. "You ain't my master nicca" my people's in the industry say he very disconnected and only speaks to black people who have status.
That's why his humor is dry. He want to be the black Jerry Seinfeld. Black people are not going to support u for being witty you have to be funny. If you look at the issues he had on everybody hates Chris you can see he got some issues that are deeper than only needing acceptance.

A white lady told me the special was funny and she watched it twice.
I'll wait till my brehs perforate the special before I commit to watching it.

Dave Chappelles two specials was lit and I paid for me my pops and my wife to see him at radio city.

Black people's "support" is vastly overrated... Chapelle didn't get any till cacs started fukking with him

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
All time maybe and that's because Rock in his prime was damn near untouchable... But right now it's not even a debate anymore and i like em both but Dave is just on another level, Rock's just seemed to have lost his edge... I always thought Dave was funnier even though Rock had the better specials (before last year):yeshrug:
I was always part of the "Chris Rock has better standups than Dave" school but Dave's last 4 specials changed that for me completely. Like you said there's levels.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I loved it. It’s not better than Bring The Pain but very funny.

Lordgodking Nyc

I'm with the $hits
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watched Chris rock stand up and laughed all the way through. Standard laughs not gut or tears level. His point of view is basically out of touch with several of his jokes being racist except his skin is black. I watched one of daves special right after and had several deep laughs.
If u don't think Mr rock is a black racist take his documentary BLACK HAIR and change the race of the creator.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Naw Dave ain't on a whole nother level unless it's some big time juelzing involved. Dude has become overrated as fukk.
:bryan: bu, bu, bu, but it's deeper than comedy. Bu, bu, but Dave dropping gems.

Cedric shyt was better, katt Williams shyt was better, hell even deray shyt was better.

I give Chris credit though because it's a step up from kill the messenger. For what it's worth is blowing all them Dave specials out the water.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
IgnorantForcefulJay-size_restricted.gif

Me watching the first 20 minutes before turning that shyt off :yeshrug:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
i don't know what you guys expect, Rock has been feeding you for years. This was at his most honest, pouring out his soul from a life changing experience. He gave you jewels on this one, especially the part of why marriages lasted longer back then, i really felt that! It might not be his best, but def not his worst, this was good for what it was. You can tell a lot of sh*t was on his mind so you gotta give him the humanity pass and let him live, he's not a machine that automatically spits out top notch comedy, he's a broken man right now going through some real sh*t.

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
He fell off, His other 3 or so standups were great and why I had him ranked higher than Chapelle. But this shyt was kinda trash brehs. He definitely picked up steam on the second half but overall this was not meeting expectations of a great. Perhaps its the divorce that changed him or just rushing out material to pay for divorce.