Chris Rock maintaining his composure and carrying on after the slap was quite amazing

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shows incredible mental strength. To get slapped in the face, which is already a humiliating and disrespectful action but for it to be done in front of all the elite of your industry, watched by millions of people worldwide, talked about, get laughed at. And yet despite all this, he carried on hosting the show and kept laughing about it. Maintained his calmness. That’s extremely cool, not gonna lie. Huge respect to him.

The vast majority of men would’ve completely lost their composure there and fought back immediately to redeem their respect, and walked off the show as they wouldn’t have the composure to carry on hosting, destroying their own careers in the process. But Chris carried on as if nothing had happened. Huge respect to him.

Well done Chris Rock

Last edited:

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps
Yeah well done getting palm striked and laughing like a punk ass bytch. Bravo, lets give this shuckin' and jivin c00n a round of applause.

severance-apple-tv.gif

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
I highly doubt Chris Rock would have ruined his career practicing self defense, we saw on camera that he was not the aggressor, Will went out his way to walk up on stage and slap him :skip:

This is the reason Chris froze up in the moment.

NVLD isn't defined as a distinct disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Volume 5 (DSM-V), and how it presents varies from person to person. Generally, it's characterized by verbal strengths as well as visual-spatial, motor, and social skills difficulties. "All I understand are the words," said Rock.

What Challenges Do People With NVLD Face?​

Social life can be particularly difficult for people with NVLD. "They often have a hard time making and keeping friends, likely because of having trouble with reading nonverbal cues like facial expression and body language," said Dr. Paul. "They are also often awkward physically and have poor coordination."

Other challenges include inferential comprehension, spatial aspects of math, and managing transitions and new situations, said Dinklage. Things tend to get easier when a routine in a predictable setting is established, but, as Dinklage pointed out, "social interactions rarely go by routines and rely heavily on 'bigger picture' processing."

At a glance​

• Visual-spatial processing tells you how far objects are from you and from each other.
  • People use visual-spatial processing for many tasks, like tying shoes and dancing.
  • Visual-spatial trouble can make it harder to learn to read and do math.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chris rock is on the spectrum for autism he didn’t know how to react to that in the moment.

He’s not some mentally tough savant like you’re trying to make him out to be.
Yeah a highly successful multi millionaire man who knows when not to destroy his career and keep his calm is on the spectrum.

I’m sure if he had fought back like a real “G” he would’ve lost his career but street nikkas like you would’ve respected him which is all that matters

When keeping it real goes wrong ass nikka :mjlol:

Daps
Yeah a highly successful multi millionaire man who knows when not to destroy his career and keep his calm is on the spectrum.

I’m sure if he had fought back like a real “G” he would’ve lost his career but street nikkas like you would’ve respected him which is all that matters

Will slapped the hell out of him and didn't lose his career. He working on the next Bad Boys installment as we speak.

Chris looked like a punk in that moment and the only justification he can give for it is "my mama taught me don't fight in front of white folks:to:"

That is literally the justification in his head. If it was about self control or not wanting to destroy his career, he would have said that tonight during his special.

Dre God

Immortals never hurry
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
[9³]

After a friend suggested he might have Asperger's Syndrome (a form of autism that affects the way a person communicates), Rock underwent nine hours of cognitive testing and was diagnosed with non-verbal learning disorder (NVLD)

And I post on the coli you think I’m a street nikka :dead:

I take apologies in the forms of daps and reps tho. I expect to see you in my notifications by days end for you being loud and wrong :ufdup: