Chris Brown's career is almost 20 years in...how much longer can he stay relevant?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
He leaned into wearing the "black hat" after the situation with Rihanna. The hood still seems to love him but as far as the big Usher like trajectory he was on, that ended that night. Then deciding to become a blood and all the gang shyt is a bit confusing to a lot of ppl. Then he still sounds like a lil kid, but he's in his mid 30s and making the same song over and over, which is the problem with R&B in my opinion. Limited subject matter and today's r&b is wayyy too vulgar to pop like it once did.

Damn, ain't that the truth. He was legit going for pop star icon status, until the Rihanna incident. Now he is regulated to Bobby Brown status that is younger and Still can make solid hits.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He will always be a huge star. His peak relevance has passes but when you got hits and talent you can tour forever.

What sets him apart is his work ethic...he just keeps putting shyt out and touring. Also he benefits from the fact that the CB to his Usher hasnt come along yet. Aint no knew young nikka for the teenage girls. Its similar to how Drake, Ken, and Cole still "the Big 3" (no offense Kendrick :whoa:) as they near their 40s. Young nikkas aint steppin up.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
hes on a nationwide sold out arena tour as you type this...
I mean, Usher was doing that after the peak of his career was over too. If you got hits and can perform, people are gonna keep coming to see you.

Hell, Janet is still filling up arenas (though not at the level of Brown) and she in her 50s and ain’t made a hit in almost a couple decades

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I mean, Usher was doing that after the peak of his career was over too. If you got hits and can perform, people are gonna keep coming to see you.

Hell, Janet is still filling up arenas (though not at the level of Brown) and she in her 50s and ain’t made a hit in almost a couple decades
what the fukk is your point then ?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
CB is going down as a legend, he already is fr :yeshrug:

He’s one of those talents where DV can’t stop his shine. He not bigger than MJ or Usher but he’s in his own echelon. There aren’t really any other acts with his talent level but he beat a bytch so that will always be the main knock against him.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Damn I just made a point about people picking and choosing villains in black culture about nelly.

Chris Brown beat the breaks off ol girl and nobody give a flying fck
:mjlol:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
what the fukk is your point then ?
Why you so mad? Lol

My point is that, depending on your definition of relevance, selling out shows isn’t necessarily the best indicator of relevance, as long as your legacy is strong enough. And I think Chris Brown has a good enough catalog to fall in that category. He will continue to sell out shows beyond him being relevant.

King Poetic

The Monkey in the Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Him and usher still have time

Because there isn’t any quality r&b nikkas left in the game and u have a lot of 20 year olds and early 30 year olds who listened to they music

* here come some coli nikka to upload some trash underground singer*

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Why you so mad? Lol

My point is that, depending on your definition of relevance, selling out shows isn’t necessarily the best indicator of relevance, as long as your legacy is strong enough. And I think Chris Brown has a good enough catalog to fall in that category. He will continue to sell out shows beyond him being relevant.
Selling out arenas nationwide is definitely an indicator of relevance unless you are a complete retard

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Him and usher still have time

Because there isn’t any quality r&b nikkas left in the game and u have a lot of 20 year olds and early 30 year olds who listened to they music

* here come some coli nikka to upload some trash underground singer*
Usher peaked over 20 years ago

Both are legacy artist

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
He'll be relevant as long as he continues to make music and dance, he's clearly talented. He's a generational talent, he's just never going to break into that all-time great artist range.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Selling out arenas nationwide is definitely an indicator of relevance unless you are a complete retard
These cats are weird. He's easily out touring most of the artists that are deemed more relevant than him 20 years into the game.

And he's doing it without the machine and being cancelled on social media

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
And that’s my point and why I said “depending on your definition of relevance.” Everyone doesn’t consider Usher to be relevant, even in this thread.

Some people don’t consider you relevant if you’re not still consistently putting out charting music.