Chris Brown's career is almost 20 years in...how much longer can he stay relevant?

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
I could see him stop touring at 40. And drop unreleased songs for a minute.

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Because the keyboard social media police still on his head about the domestic abuse allegations. Anytime breh gets a little buzz or some love, they are quick to remind folks of the Rihanna incident & his issues with Karruche.
That said, that incident actually helped his career long-term....in MY opinion.

He was going down a goody goody image path and would have probably been viewed as corny at some point if continued.

He definitely wouldn't have been able to become the tatted up, profanity laden rapping/singing bad boy he became bc labels would've prevented that and ppl wouldn't have bought it.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
He leaned into wearing the "black hat" after the situation with Rihanna. The hood still seems to love him but as far as the big Usher like trajectory he was on, that ended that night. Then deciding to become a blood and all the gang shyt is a bit confusing to a lot of ppl. Then he still sounds like a lil kid, but he's in his mid 30s and making the same song over and over, which is the problem with R&B in my opinion. Limited subject matter and today's r&b is wayyy too vulgar to pop like it once did.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Women love dancers and thugs so last long as he keeps dancing, keeps his looks (no diddy) and act like a little gangbanger, he'll stay relevant for at least the next 5 years.

Krs2

Pro
Daps
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that internationally he got the same pull than R Kelly and MJ. In Europe, I don't feel like he's really popular like that

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Because the keyboard social media police still on his head about the domestic abuse allegations. Anytime breh gets a little buzz or some love, they are quick to remind folks of the Rihanna incident & his issues with Karruche.

thatsa good warning for anybody who might think domestic violence is inconsequential that it can follow you for the rest of your life. I bet there are lots of dudes who self-regulated by thinking to themselves "I don't want the chris brown treatment" .. theres a dude who brock turner who whenever his name gets mentioned online there are multiple posts online reminding people he raped an unconscious woman behind a dumpster.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
This generation is the "TikTik" dumb viral dance generation and he been the KING of Dancing Mfckas .. why he ain't capitalize of that?...
because tiktok dancing isn't about being able to dance. It's just baby choreo for attention.

Chris got praise for being able to dance, but his whole thing was being able to dance in a way other people can't. It's basically the antithesis of the stuff that works on the apps these days.
Same reason great singers don't get as much burn anymore - folk these days want to be able to sing along and not feel outshined. Dance along and not feel embarrassed.

timeless

All Star
Daps
I've never understood the comparison of Usher and Chris Brown. Their music isn't the same and their dancing isn't either, in my opinion. I do think Chris Brown has longevity because he's already showed he can keep up with the times in terms of music. Other artists may outshine him, but his name is pretty big already and he's easily recognizable. I don't think Usher fell off either. He's uncle status now though lol and I like that he's gotten his shine in the Kpop world even though I hate Kpop.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
because tiktok dancing isn't about being able to dance. It's just baby choreo for attention.

Chris got praise for being able to dance, but his whole thing was being able to dance in a way other people can't. It's basically the antithesis of the stuff that works on the apps these days.
Same reason great singers don't get as much burn anymore - folk these days want to be able to sing along and not feel outshined. Dance along and not feel embarrassed.
Damn!

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
He's been known to be unstable, violent and short-tempered which makes him less marketable BUT women love that toxic shyt so they will support him. He's just less likely to get other endorsements.

Rihanna isn't the only woman he's beaten like a government mule...she's just the most high-profile victim