Chris Brown's career is almost 20 years in...how much longer can he stay relevant?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Breezy came out in 05-06-ish, almost 20 yts ago now. I don't think his newest album has done super numbers, but I haven't looked. The lead single "Sensational" was an absolute smash hit tho. But he has been consistently very popular up to this point.

Looking at other careers, Usher was pretty much waning at that 20-yr point. Usher came out in 93 but wasn't really poppin until 96-97 with My Way album, then in 01 he became a legit pop star with the 8701 album, and 04 with Confessions, which was monstrous. Usher had a run from 93 - thru about 2005-2006. He never reached that 01-04 peak again tho.

R. Kelly from 1991 thru, I would say he was still a force up thru 2013-14. And then he had some dope features after that.

Chris Brown may be winding down in popularity, but I guess we'll see.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
He's on back to back sold tours both Domestically and Internationally. He's good for life at this point.

He was never much of an album artist but dude has a ridiculous amount of hit records that span multiple genres/eras.

The only other nikka beating him in that aspect is Drake.

Last edited:

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Breezy might last forever just because he's been blackballed his whole career and he makes incredible music can dance really good

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The Nygga is HELLA talented and I don't understand why he ain't up there with Taylor Swift with these kids these days...

This generation is the "TikTik" dumb viral dance generation and he been the KING of Dancing Mfckas .. why he ain't capitalize of that?...
Because the keyboard social media police still on his head about the domestic abuse allegations. Anytime breh gets a little buzz or some love, they are quick to remind folks of the Rihanna incident & his issues with Karruche.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The Nygga is HELLA talented and I don't understand why he ain't up there with Taylor Swift with these kids these days...

This generation is the "TikTik" dumb viral dance generation and he been the KING of Dancing Mfckas .. why he ain't capitalize of that?...
The answer should be obvious and a lot of it is his own doing.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Because the keyboard social media police still on his head about the domestic abuse allegations. Anytime breh gets a little buzz or some love, they are quick to remind folks of the Rihanna incident & his issues with Karruche.
I mean that’s life when you fukk up. People aren’t obligated to forgive and forget.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's set for life. he's transitioning to his legacy artist era. his tours do extremely well and women still love him.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Breezy came out in 05-06-ish, almost 20 yts ago now. I don't think his newest album has done super numbers, but I haven't looked. The lead single "Sensational" was an absolute smash hit tho. But he has been consistently very popular up to this point.

Looking at other careers, Usher was pretty much waning at that 20-yr point. Usher came out in 93 but wasn't really poppin until 96-97 with My Way album, then in 01 he became a legit pop star with the 8701 album, and 04 with Confessions, which was monstrous. Usher had a run from 93 - thru about 2005-2006. He never reached that 01-04 peak again tho.

R. Kelly from 1991 thru, I would say he was still a force up thru 2013-14. And then he had some dope features after that.

Chris Brown may be winding down in popularity, but I guess we'll see.
hes on a nationwide sold out arena tour as you type this...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That's fine, but their are folks who have done worse, and their shyt gets swept under the rug.
Chris has still had a career and hits on the radio even after the Rihanna and Karreuche situation, so it’s not like he’s been blacklisted or shunned by the masses even with them still bringing it up. He’s still selling out shows compared to other artist these days and got people out here paying $1000 for meet and greets.

I’d say he still turned out alright based on the circumstances.

Last edited: