China Stocks Plunge Into Bear Market | Latest (8/24): "Black Monday"

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Asian stocks also took a beating following Greece's vote against austerity, while Shanghai bucked the trend due to a salvo of fresh support measures. Over the weekend, China's biggest brokerage firms unveiled a government-endorsed plan to buy at least 120B yuan ($19.3B) of shares, while Beijing suspended IPOs until further notice. About $2.7T in market value has evaporated since the Chinese stock market peaked on June 12. That is six times Greece's entire foreign debt, or 11 years of Greek economic output. Shanghai +2.4%.

$2.7 trillion see ya later

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
It's been a Long time coming. A correction will be good for the Chinese economy in the long run.

The Chinese government has the power to immediately stop policy that doesn't work and start fresh ideas without a cumbersome democratic system. They have the advantage here.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
i was just about to open an investment account. Literally, in minutes :lupe:

was cleaning out some stuff and am glad i saved this story...

How algorithms written by coders on Wall Street rule your financial world (yes yours)
Published: November 5, 2013

http://www.blacklistednews.com/How_...cial_world_(yes_yours)/30123/0/38/38/Y/M.html

High frequency trading has changed the investing world, fundamentally. If you do not write algorithms, if you do not benefit from the super dark high frequency trading system, you are on the outs.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
This may be a stupid question but how does wealth disappear? Is someone lying on accounts or stealing money or siphoning it? I imagine all of those are true. Also could this affect the USA's debt to China? There have been rumblings on the Coli about China wanting to collect for over a month now

Because it's all paper breh. Think about paper currency like your favorite has been rapper. Once Ja Rule lost his following, what was his club appearance worth? Same with paper currency, once it loses it's following it literally goes to zero overnight, similar to Ja Rule, Limp Bizkit, Taye Diggs, etc etc. The people with land, gold, and animals never go broke, because their wealth is not in a piece of paper.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
sorry for the sizing of this but I got it off twitter.

BloombergChinaTimeline_0.png