CHINA claims quantum supremacy: 10billion X faster than Google prototype

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They really are working overtime for that #1 spot to be the reigning superpower.

If they keep this momentum going, more than likely they will overtake USA, just watch.
Bro unless there’s some real 4d chess deep state in America that’s running major policy behind the scene immaculately . China is taking America spot in the next 50-100 years as the biggest world power.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
It's because China found a way to create superconductors without having to cool semiconductors to near absolute zero temperature. America is still trying to figure out how to do that :francis:. Superconductors allows electrons to flow with theoretically no fricton = faster speeds which is needed for quantum computing.

My dad and I were just talking about this the other day.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
We still got them beat when it comes to aerospace and naval engineering though. Lockheed martin and Raytheon finna eat in the next 50 years.
The only part of the military where they "sort of" got as beat is their missiles. They have so advanced hypersonic and ballistic misssles.

That military advantage no longer exists if China can break military encryption via quantum computers:francis:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I remember reading. Or watching a video that claimed whoever reached a certain point of quantum computing above its peers could pretty much hack into any system they wanted to.

If I remember right, they said that, that #1 computer could cycle through any number of password combos b4 the #2 could keep up in changing it password.

There was some more shyt I cant remember atm.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
:francis:meanwhile dirt dwelling hicks run up into Best Buy asking how to work a "rooku" while this shyt is happening. Maybe we are a dumb ass country:beli:

Relax, breh. We've already achieved quantum supremacy. Awhile ago.

I didn't see the article that says they achieved quantum supremacy with a quantum computer that has a superconductor that runs at room temperature. Which is what the last couple of pages seem to claim.

EDIT: Relevant information
Jiuzhang was able to perform the calculations by sending photons through a series of optical circuits guided by mirrors. Moving through the circuits, the photons encounter beam splitters, sending photons simultaneously down different paths.

During their repeated trips through the circuitry, photons are split and merged -- interfering with one another as dictated by quantum mechanics.

RELATED Breakthrough extends quantum state stability by 10,000 times

The photons spit out the other the end of the circuits provide a quantum calculation -- qubits that translate to the distribution of outputs.

Jiuzhang completed the boson sampling calculations in just a few minutes. Scientists estimated the same calculations would take some of the world's fastest supercomputers more than half-a-billion years.

The researchers responsible for Jiuzhang's design claim the quantum computer could be adapted to perform calculations useful to graph theory, machine learning and quantum chemistry.

RELATED Engineers grow optical chips in a Petri dish

Similarly, computer engineers with Google have claimed Sycamore can be reprogrammed to perform a variety of calculations.

But so far, quantum supremacy has been achieved using esoteric calculations chosen not because they're particularly useful, but because they're quite hard for classic computers to perform.

Still, the latest news suggests quantum computers, including both those using superconductor and those relying on photons, are closer to offering applicable supremacy.

RELATED Physicists observe quantum entanglement of 15 trillion atoms

"The fact that now the two different platforms are able to achieve this regime ... shows that the whole field is advancing in a very mature way," quantum physicist Fabio Sciarrino of Sapienza University of Rome told Science News.

So the West uses superconducting QCs and the China uses photon-based QCs. It doesn't specify whether the photon-based is has to be supercooled or can run fine in room temperature.

Last edited:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Fair enough. Making a space force doesn't seem like it was dumb I guess.:francis:

It was never dumb. There's a reason such a significant undertaking received bipartisan support, despite Congress as a whole being at odds along party lines.

Only thing I will give Trump credit for.

People think national dominance and competition is going to be conventional in the next 15-30 years. It's going to be digital and it's going to be be in space because that's where the money is going to be in the future.

You don't need nukes, aircraft carriers, or even a conventional military soon. You just need enough to avoid regime change from internal or external threats.

I don't particularly believe this is quantum supremacy however. Not from what I am reading.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Only thing I will give Trump credit for.

People think national dominance and competition is going to be conventional in the next 15-30 years. It's going to be digital and it's going to be be in space because that's where the money is going to be in the future.

You don't need nukes, aircraft carriers, or even a conventional military soon. You just need enough to avoid regime change from internal or external threats.

I don't particularly believe this is quantum supremacy however. Not from what I am reading.

Yup. Cyber, space, and tech are the new battlegrounds for nation state competition. America has the upper hand when it comes to tech, education, and innovation...but our politics get in the way of progress :snoop:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I remember those “shift happens” advertisements that use to be all in NYC subways and Airports years ago.

One of the stats they talked about was how, based on population, there are more geniuses living in China than people in the US.

something to think about...