Children of U.S. troops born overseas will no longer have automatic u.s. citizenship

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
bustin nuts overseas with no repercussions :blessed:
full

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Authoritarian far-right dictatorship regimes typically begin with soft targets, i.e immigrants, academic intellectuals, journalists etc.

Once those that look and sound different are all gone, and university professors and journalists afraid to advise and report on the Gov't of the day your rights are gone but you dont yet realize it.

They then come after the populace, and seek to exploit historic divisions by pitting groups against each other.

Trump has already told congress women of colour to go back where they came from..I can see him telling citizen ethnic minorities he'll pay for your airfare out of the US..

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I’m referring to this article. What are you talking about? How would a US citizen be affected by this?

OP spreading lies and you’re going along with it on some boogeyman shyt.

The original paper that came out before the revision stated children born outside the country by service men, army members will no longer be given instant citizenship. THAT GOES FOR BLACK SOLDIERS IN MILITARY SERVICE AS WELL...:beli: haven't you noticed the govt has been trying to strip natural born citizens here of being a citizen???! This was always their plan and its only gonna get worse just you wait...:mjpls: you think they won't fukk with us??? What world do you live in???:what:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Some children of troops and government employees abroad won't automatically be U.S. citizens

I personally don't think Trump is targeting military families with two Americans.

He is targeting these non-white military families in which the mother is a non-citizen and the father is in the military. If the father isn't married to the mother, she cannot use her child to get into the country, neither can she enter without paperwork.
Turns out its more about people that haven’t been to the US in years, like contractors or people who have decided to stay over for a really long time.....I still think it’s fukk shyt tho, if you American and there for government reason they need to shut da fukk up

Last edited:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Misinformation. Read the article

Some children of US troops born overseas will no longer get automatic American citizenship, Trump administration says

In plain English: Children who are adopted by U.S. service members abroad, and children who are born to service members while overseas who are not yet citizens (such as service members who are green card holders) will not receive automatic citizenship by merely living with their parents who are out of the U.S on orders.

The official clarified that there is no change to the acquisition of citizenship at birth, "whether to U.S. citizen military members abroad or to anyone else."

The official added that this policy change is expected to impact "very few people a year." Applications received before the date that the new policy takes effect, October 29, will be treated under the old policy.
Meaning, it wil impact who they want:martin:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The think the reason why this is happening is Trump is making countries pay for their own defense now

Naw we still gonna have those bases there. Trump just saying cut that check to the US defense contractors....but we still gonna be in your funky ass country.

Trump doing this to pander to his voting block. Watch I can hear horror stories if this truly goes into affect. Watch some kid born to two (american born) military parents on a army base get denied citizenship...:dead:

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My aunt who is black was born in Japan on a Naval Base.

What stops the government from going after her after a few revisions to this?
:mjpls:

Exactly my homie was born on a military base in germany. Both his black parents were military folks from Birmingham Alabama. His parents met on a military base in germany and got married then had him.

Yet under this possible new rule he could be considered not a citizen...:mjpls:

Daps
The original paper that came out before the revision stated children born outside the country by service men, army members will no longer be given instant citizenship. THAT GOES FOR BLACK SOLDIERS IN MILITARY SERVICE AS WELL...:beli: haven't you noticed the govt has been trying to strip natural born citizens here of being a citizen???! This was always their plan and its only gonna get worse just you wait...:mjpls: you think they won't fukk with us??? What world do you live in???:what:

Reading comprehension breh. And it wasn’t a revision, it was a clarification. Stop putting out false info.

You clearly don’t understand the process that it would take to end birthright citizenship, let alone strip natural born US citizens of citizenship.