Children of U.S. troops born overseas will no longer have automatic u.s. citizenship

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Children born to U.S. service members and government employees overseas will no longer be automatically considered citizens of the United States, according to policy alert issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on Wednesday.

Previously, children born to U.S. citizen parents were considered to be "residing in the United States," and therefore would be automatically given citizenship under Immigration and Nationality Act 320. Now, children born to U.S. service members and government employees, such as those born in U.S. military hospitals or diplomatic facilities, will not be considered as residing in the U.S., changing the way that they potentially receive citizenship.

The change in policy was first reported by San Francisco Chronicle reporter Tal Kopan.

According to USCIS, previous legislation also explicitly said that spouses of service members who were living outside the U.S. because of their spouses were considered residing in the U.S., but "that no similar provision was included for children of U.S. armed forces members in the acquisition of citizenship context is significant."

That is one of the reasons why USCIS has now decided that those children are not considered to be residing in the U.S., and therefore will not be automatically given citizenship. Instead, they will fall under INA 322, which considers them to be residing outside the U.S. and requires them to apply for naturalization.

They will be allowed to complete all naturalization proceedings while living abroad, the new policy says.

img.png

USCIS policy update.

"The policy change explains that we will not consider children who live abroad with their parents to be residing in the United States even if their parents are U.S. government employees or U.S. service members stationed outside of the United States, and as a result, these children will no longer be considered to have acquired citizenship automatically," USCIS spokesperson Meredith Parker told Task & Purpose.

For them to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship, their U.S. citizen parent must apply for citizenship on their behalf."

The process under INA 322 must be completed before the child's 18th birthday.

While children of service members will be allowed to complete the citizenship process outside of the U.S., Parker added, children of government employees "must enter the U.S. lawfully with an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa and be in lawful status when they take the Oath of Allegiance."

Children of US troops born overseas will no longer get automatic American citizenship, Trump administration says

:dahell:
What type dumb shyt is this.....I risk my life for this fukk ass nation, just for my kids to be considered aliens.....get the fukk outta here, they buggin

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
That's crazy.

I'd be shook if I was married and brought my wife overseas.

What they gonna do...deport my fukking child when we come back to the US?

Gonna make these people serving go through hoops to get their children legitimized in the us. Smh.

This shyt is extra hilarious because the main people fukking and marrying the Filipinas (Only people that will marry a disgusting cac) are whites.

And they are the most pro-Trump faggits out there... I can't wait to see the :mjgrin: face when they can't bring their spouse and child back over to the land of the big commissary.

:mjcry:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What type dumb shyt is this.....I risk my life for this fukk ass nation, just for my kids to be considered aliens.....get the fukk outta here, they buggin

:dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh: Dude what bugs me the most is if you and fellow black female soldier hooks up while you on base if she gets pregnant because you are in a foreign country that baby is an immigrant by law...

:mindblown: You fukking serious???

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV

I personally don't think Trump is targeting military families with two Americans.

He is targeting these non-white military families in which the mother is a non-citizen and the father is in the military. If the father isn't married to the mother, she cannot use her child to get into the country, neither can she enter without paperwork.